Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Thread: Biggest "steal" you ever made...

Re: Biggest "steal" you ever made...

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Kellogg View Post
    I meant no offense. I'm not that far behind you and have been working in the software field since 1986. It just seems like we keep reimplementing the same languages and calling them something new.
    None taken at all.

Just bought a Schneider 80mm F2 for the Rollei 6000 system for $600. These can go up and over $2000.

I don't even have a Rollei to use it on but I couldn't pass up the deal :-).

Rollei SLX system with 50, 80, 150 lenses and film holder deals and charger - for free...kind of

I know this guy who smoozes and goes to garage sales and thrift stores and he will occasionally come across something..but he is broke so he has to turn it around realfast

calls me up and said he got a ton of stuff from an estate sale and would I be interested? eh..kinda broke right now..but sure

so he comes over right then..10 at night--oy

he had a couple camera, systems..the 4x5 I traded here and the rollei slx.which I had never heard of..but it had zeiss lenses that were mint..so I paid what he was asking... and even after having to get a new battery... and a new back cause goof broke it messing with it... I still sold enough of the other stuff that I covered what I paid and thus got the rollei for free

of course all that stuff could have been hosed and I would have been out the money..but it turned out okay

I expect dude will give me a call in a year or so with another lot of stuff he bought

10 rolls of new, in the box rubylith tape... for free!

It would be a toss up between a complete Eastman 5x7 Autofocus Enlarger or the 5x7 Ansco flatbed camera with 5x7 and 2 split backs, plus Schneider Xenar lens in Compound shutter and a 9" Verito lens in shutter.

I bought a cheap Schneider 150mm Symmar-S then I saw the later version APO-Symmar and got it ridiculously cheap. I sold the Symmar-S and the profit on that exactly covered the price I paid for the APO. So I got a mint APO-Symmar for nothing!

Robert Bowring

At an auction in January 2016 I bought a mint Nikon F3 with a 50mm 1.4 and a 55mm micro-nikkor and a motor drive for $45.00. Best deal ever.

Drew Wiley

Uhh... I'd almost be embarrassed to list the pro gear I've been outright given recently, not to mention all the things I've passed up. The last gadget was worth around 20K and I fully intend to use it.

1. Omega DII enlarger with a cold light head on the side of the road during trash pickup day.
    2. Epson R1800 printer for $20 at my favorite thrift store.

Jobo ATL 3 and 2 Expert Drums plus countless other drums and reels for 25 dollars to simply haul it away. Sold a bunch on Ebay for well over a grand....still use and love the ATL.