Thread: Adox Pan 25 and D76 1:1

Adox Pan 25 and D76 1:1

Curious if anyone may have experience with Adox Pan 25 and D76 1:1

This is a new film for me, and I am enjoying the results as yet - (controlled setting) - D76 stock

Recommended times for D76 stock solution, 5 minutes - which I've tested and found to be pretty close (4:40) @ 68* for (my) normal development (manual tank) - I rate this film @ 20 - for my printing

I'm concerned with consistent results - much more when I contract for zone - I use a factor of 1.2, which would put me below 4 min...

Does anyone know specifically why the D76 1:1 is not recommended?

If anyone has used 1:1 - any noticeable characteristic changes with this film?

I have lived under the assumption that development times of less than 4 minutes are inconsistent at best.

(I prefer D76)

Thanks in advance,
    Dan

Re: Adox Pan 25 and D76 1:1

Dan, No experience with D76 and Adox Pan25, i have developed this film in Pyrocat MC which requires a longer development time.
    Your assumption about the below 4 minute development time i think depends on your process.
    I don't develop any B&W film less than 4 minutes but do C41 processing at 3.15 minutes in a Jobo without any problems.
    It is the time it takes to completely submerge your film and to completely empty and stop the development process that is critical.

Thanks Jan,

I process manually via hangers/tank w/presoak - although I could imagine a delay with tray processing or some daylight tanks...

As far as developer, I'm trying to stick with D76...

Thanks again,
    Dan

Lachlan 717

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Pedersen View Post
    Dan, No experience with D76 and Adox Pan25, i have developed this film in Pyrocat MC which requires a longer development time.
    Jan,

Can you please let me know what you came up with as your Dev time with Pyro MC? Did you use continuous agitation?

Thanks!
    Lachlan.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take. -- Wayne Gretzky

I too am interested to hear your development times for pyrocat-MC. I use and love Adox Pan 25 in Rodinal 1:100, but I recently purchased Pyrocat- MC, HD, and WD2D+ to test and I need times to start.

12 minutes in 1+1+100 20C in a Jobo Expert continuous agaitation would be a good start for N contrast.
    I don't have enough experience with this film for N+ and N- developement.
    Not completely sold on this combination though, i think i would like to try Rodinal next time.

There is no reason to not use D-76 1+1. Sometimes manufacturers just don't test in more than one dilution.
    Try 8-9 minutes and go from there.