Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: PhotoToolsPro! It Shipped!

Re: PhotoToolsPro! It Shipped!

Lenny,

this is a nice app, and a wonderful addition for LF photographers. I'd tried numerous others and gave up, and am glad we now have this, which meets 98% of my wish list.

Rick

Re: PhotoToolsPro! Updated!

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny Eiger View Post
    This has now been addressed, submitted, approved, and is ready for free download from iTunes.

Lenny
    Lenny,

Sorry but I don't know how to download the revised version. I opened iTunes with my iPod Touch connected to the computer but could not figure out how to get the revised version. Should I download it directly on the IPod? If so I don't know how to do it. I get automatic notices of new versions of installed software for my Blackberry Bold but it is a mystery for me with the iPod.

Sandy King
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    Lenny,

Sorry but I don't know how to download the revised version. I opened iTunes with my iPod Touch connected to the computer but could not figure out how to get the revised version. Should I download it directly on the IPod? If so I don't know how to do it. I get automatic notices of new versions of installed software for my Blackberry Bold but it is a mystery for me with the iPod.

Sandy King
    Sandy, I'm sorry to say I don't actually own an iPodTouch. With everything else I don't seem to have the time to put music lists together...

If you can DL it directly to the iPod I would say do it. I have had reports of it being very easy, not needing anything else, etc. If you want to try tomorrow, I'll be around all day and we can mess with it a bit - give me a call...

Lenny
    EigerStudios
    Museum Quality Drum Scanning and Printing

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny Eiger View Post
    Sandy, I'm sorry to say I don't actually own an iPodTouch. With everything else I don't seem to have the time to put music lists together...

If you can DL it directly to the iPod I would say do it. I have had reports of it being very easy, not needing anything else, etc. If you want to try tomorrow, I'll be around all day and we can mess with it a bit - give me a call...

Lenny
    Lenny,

I figured out how to get the revised version directly from the IPod touch. You just open the App store and touch updates and it automatically downloads the revision. Really very simple and I imagine it is done the same way on the iPhone.

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    Lenny,

I figured out how to get the revised version directly from the IPod touch. You just open the App store and touch updates and it automatically downloads the revision. Really very simple and I imagine it is done the same way on the iPhone.

Sandy
    It is. You can also check for updates from within iTunes.

Rick "who will update today" Denney

I've been using this program for about a month now and I really like it. Looking forward to the website coming up and I think that will round it out.

The learning curve was quick and once you have your gear selections set up using it for individual images comes quick. I like the combination of voice and text notes and I really like the conversions. Exposure settings are spot on with my readings and provides a quick of my information when I'm a little confused ( often ) and just makes for a quicker and more efficient recording of the set up.

GPS works well and is useful but I've found that I turn off GPS in the phone unless I really want to mark a particular spot. I have used the program while out scouting in this way and it allowed me to get back to where I wanted.

The sensor has been helpful in windy situations to let me know if I can get away with the lens choice. I tested the sensor on a day where the wind picked up and noted the sensor went red. The developed negative shows the vibration and now I know why where I might have missed it before.

All in all, I really like the program and I'm happy with it. Well worth the nominal costs

Quote Originally Posted by ldhayden View Post
    All in all, I really like the program and I'm happy with it. Well worth the nominal costs
    Larry,

Thanks for the kind words!

Lenny

Looks like a cool app. Could be the first serious reason to get a new mobile phone after 7 years ...
    Matus

Quote Originally Posted by Matus Kalisky View Post
    Looks like a cool app. Could be the first serious reason to get a new mobile phone after 7 years ...
    Thank you. We should tell this to Apple... maybe they would pay some attention to us...

;-)

Lenny

Lenny
    Just purchased your app, looks nice
    any chance for a timer.
    Tom