Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: transparency adaptor/lightsource for 5x7 on flatbed scanner?

transparency adaptor/lightsource for 5x7 on flatbed scanner?

Try and find a Mitsubishi DV 648UT, it does A4 size (210mmx297mm) trannies to 1200 dpi optical, fine for cataloging and small prints. I puchased mine new here in Australia for AU$ 240 (approx $120US)

Indeed for dirt cheap 5x7 scanning, the Acer cannot be beat. With photoshop and some time on your hands, you can even get decent results. I picked up a 620UT (only 600dpi) for $30 at office max and made a 13x19 that most people cannot distinguish from the 13x19 printed using the Tango scan.

Thank you all for the help. After considering all the options, I bought a cheap Acer 1240UT Scanner, hopefully this will resolve the issue. Before doing this I borrowed a friends 'thin' transparency viewer, a Cabin, which I tried with my scanner, flipping it on top of the chrome. It appeared to work, although it was too bright. Anyway, it cost more than the scanner. I also checked out the Epson scanners, these don't appear to have large enough transparency adaptors, only 4x5 or smaller. Of course, I would love a Agfa T2500... however I am a college teacher, not a graphics professional, and the cost of the Agfa far more than I can rationalize. Using a digital camera is an interesting idea, however my camera, a two year old Canon, is really terrible with macro shots (I should have bought the Nikon!) I have used it occasionally for archival research, where they won?t allow photocopying, it is not the best solution, but it is usally legible, however this isn?t good enough for pictures, and I can?t really see myself buying a new one.

Thanks again.