Thread: Reusing chemistry from a Jobo ATL

Just waiting to be developed..

Reusing chemistry from a Jobo ATL

Hi,

Im a recent Jobo convert. I bought an ATL 2200 from a forum member and i cant be happier!
    I was using a Phototherm and this is so much better!! I can process my 12x20's with ease...and everything else

My questions are about reusing some of the chemistry from the reclamation bottles in the Jobo.
    Im processing Tmax100 8x10 in Tmax RS Stock 7 min at 70F. Can the developer be reused once or is it best to just discard it?
    The reason i ask, besides the cost is that i just walked over to the processor and the reclamation bottle was overflowing.
    I know that was my fault but I can set the Jobo to just dump it and not have to worry if its not worth keeping.
    I did figure out how to add larger recovery tanks to the ATL. Wasn't hard at all. If anyone wants some pics and instructions, PM me.

For fixer i use Kodak Rapid Fixer or TF4. I normally use them 2-3 times with some fresh solution added to replenish.
    After that i dump into the recovery unit.

Perma wash is another question. Can i reuse it or is it best to just dump?

Thanks for the help!!
    -Ian
    -Ian Mazursky
    www.ianmazursky.com Travel, Landscape, Portraits and my 12x20 diary
    PrePress Express

Re: Reusing chemistry from a Jobo ATL

Glad to hear that, and now with a bit more time I can answer these better than I might during my day job.

I believe Tmax developers can be replenished although not sure if that respresents cost savings. Personally I suggest dilutions that lend themselves to longer developement as one shot versus retaining and chancing contaimination. The experience should be more cost effective that way, as long as you get the contrast index you are hoping for by using this method.

Fixer should only be used once in my opinion and discarded or at least use hypo check.

Perma wash should only be used to its stated capacity then discarded.

Quote Originally Posted by IanMazursky View Post
    Hi,

Im a recent Jobo convert. I bought an ATL 2200 from a forum member and i cant be happier!
    I was using a Phototherm and this is so much better!! I can process my 12x20's with ease...and everything else

My questions are about reusing some of the chemistry from the reclamation bottles in the Jobo.
    Im processing Tmax100 8x10 in Tmax RS Stock 7 min at 70F. Can the developer be reused once or is it best to just discard it?
    The reason i ask, besides the cost is that i just walked over to the processor and the reclamation bottle was overflowing.
    I know that was my fault but I can set the Jobo to just dump it and not have to worry if its not worth keeping.
    I did figure out how to add larger recovery tanks to the ATL. Wasn't hard at all. If anyone wants some pics and instructions, PM me.

For fixer i use Kodak Rapid Fixer or TF4. I normally use them 2-3 times with some fresh solution added to replenish.
    After that i dump into the recovery unit.

Perma wash is another question. Can i reuse it or is it best to just dump?

Thanks for the help!!
    -Ian