Hello, Issues of Current availability of aforementioned Nikon 9000 scanner aside:

I am buying up Mamiya RB gear in anticipation of using it for traditional process portraiture, namely B&W. However, I shot some color Fuji 800 portraiture with it and decided that beauty of resulting contact print (A&I) and the huge negative had so much potential in terms of scanning and output back to RA4 process paper that I began to take a serious look at a long dream of mine -to own and use a Nikon 9000 to scan color negatives and color transparencies.

But then Fuji recently announced the discontinuation of most of their C-41 films, making my no-brainer decision no longer a slam dunk. The question looms how long before the remainder of color in 120 format is gone completely?

I have not shot enough color in 120 roll format in the past to just buying a Nikon 9000.

I don't want to throw a third factor in yet: buying an Epson V700 series instead. (The idea being that the Nikon can resolve down to the grain, and is more durable, and to buy right:buy once).

Help provide me with some objective advice: Do you feel that 120 color film will be around for the next 15 to 20 years (my criteria in justifying the price of a Nikon 9000)?

PS: I already have a Nikon D300. I do not consider it or any other digital camera a serious tool for color portraiture work.