Thread: Anyone Working with Reverse Processed B&W Film for Scanning?

Anyone Working with Reverse Processed B&W Film for Scanning?

Apparently, one of the advantages is that it scans better since the silver is removed in the development process. I've shot perhaps 100 sheets or so of Delta 100 processed by dr5 and indeed it scans very cleanly on the Creo iQ3. But I'm not sure it is any better than Acros 100. As I have only tried the Delta 100 for reverse processing, perhaps there are better choices for landscape work. I'd be interested in hearing others feedback that are using reverse processed B&W film in their workflow and if they feel there is a quantifiable advantage (other than being able to see the image as a positive on the light table).

Re: Anyone Working with Reverse Processed B&W Film for Scanning?

I HAVE done some processing with DR5, though I'm not currently. Not becasue I was disastified in anyway, but because I just got sick of sending my film all the way to Denver.

I do think the film is easier to scan when reverse processed, though I should caution anyone considering it that you lose a lot of lattitude to correct a mis-exposed image later, so you'd better be sure what you want when you expose. (The best way to shoot IMO, but not everyone does.) I've also found that, for some films at least, the use of a red filter dramatically reduces exposure in DR5. I haven't a clue why, so if I were you, I would test.

Fortuneately their website is very helpful in terms of describing how you can expect a film to react in their process.