Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Jobo/Chemistry Cart?

Best Jobo/Chemistry Cart?

I have been looking in to getting a sturdy plastic cart with one or two shelves to put my Jobo processor on top of. I figure I can store chemisty, beakers, etc underneath. I know I've seen threads where people were talking about this, but I am having a hard time finding them. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction?

The footprint of my Jobo processor is 33x11. Does anyone have some recommendations for a cart with casters that is a good balance between price and performance? Seems like all the nice ones are several hundred dollars, but it probably doesn't need to hold 300 pounds...

Re: Best Jobo/Chemistry Cart?

I have an awesome lab cart that came from Jobo USA. Its heavy but if interested PM me or just send an email to me at gblank@omegasatter.com

Quote Originally Posted by argos33 View Post
    I have been looking in to getting a sturdy plastic cart with one or two shelves to put my Jobo processor on top of. I figure I can store chemisty, beakers, etc underneath. I know I've seen threads where people were talking about this, but I am having a hard time finding them. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction?

The footprint of my Jobo processor is 33x11. Does anyone have some recommendations for a cart with casters that is a good balance between price and performance? Seems like all the nice ones are several hundred dollars, but it probably doesn't need to hold 300 pounds...

My Jobo sits on an old printer cart - one from the days of wide-carriage dot matrix printers. It's like it was made for the job. No shelf, but I've not found I needed one. Very robustly built and on heavy casters so it stows in the corner when not in use. It easily holds the weight of the processor when filled with water.

I picked it up as discard from a manufacturing plant that was downsizing. The original dot matrix printer was for label production or something.

Check with local office equipment liquidators for old printer carts.

Sears makes some nice craftsman carts. A little lower end would be Harbor Freight. Many of the industrial/commercial supply catalogs have them too.

I have used this one from Rubber Maid for about five years. It is available several places but here is a link to Sam’s Club with a picture.
    http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/nav...&ci_sku=877365

My dark room is 11x13 feet including an 8 foot stainless sink. When not using the Jobo CPP-2 I keep it on the cart wheeled out into the rest of the basement. When needed it comes back in to the DR where I use it in the sink.

John Powers

I think also that the Rubbermaid 2-Shelf Utility Cart will be enough sturdy for the job.
    2 models are available:
    Dimensions: 45.3”L x 25.9”W x 33.3”H x 44.71 lbs.
    Dimensions: 39.3”L x 17.9”W x 33.3”H x 31.07 lbs.
    but check carefully the inside dimensions as the dimensions given include the handle.

Drew Wiley

I use the narrower Rubbermaid cart for my 30X40 drum processor. So a Jobo should
    fit easily. Coated all the bolts with Geocel Proflex (a brushable elastomeric waterproofing caulk) to prevent rust.

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

I have the same Rubbermaid cart that John has but found the Kitchen counter-top far more convenient for the Jobo. The power supply is right there along with the water supply for filling and sink for draining. The Jobo drain hose drops right down into the sink making it convenient to dump/save chemistry without spilling it on the floor, etc. When not in use, I store the Jobo on the top rack of the cart out of sight in a closet covered with plastic laundry bags to prevent dust from settling into it and store all the developing trays on the bottom rack. I do, however, use the cart in the bathroom for B&W processing up to 11x14 paper.

Quote Originally Posted by tgtaylor View Post
    I have the same Rubbermaid cart that John has but found the Kitchen counter-top far more convenient for the Jobo. The power supply is right there along with the water supply for filling and sink for draining. The Jobo drain hose drops right down into the sink making it convenient to dump/save chemistry without spilling it on the floor, etc. When not in use, I store the Jobo on the top rack of the cart out of sight in a closet covered with plastic laundry bags to prevent dust from settling into it and store all the developing trays on the bottom rack. I do, however, use the cart in the bathroom for B&W processing up to 11x14 paper.
    Wife would not like me mixing pyro in the kitchen sink if she knew what it contained. I just use the cart to store the Jobo in the basement area outside the darkroom. When I want to develop film I roll the cart/Jobo into the darkroom and put the Jobo into the eight foot stainless sink with exhaust vents and drain to basement sump. The empty Jobo CPP-2 is light, maybe twenty pounds, if that. Fill it with water and try to lift it and you have back pains.

John

I built my own from BC plywood. It has large casters on the bottom so I can roll it around.

Jon