Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: who here will try ektar 100 4x5?

Re: who here will try ektar 100 4x5?

Quote Originally Posted by rguinter View Post
    It would be a shame if everyone didn't try it. New films are few and far between these days. I've had mixed results with it in MF but I will certainly buy some in 4x5 as soon as it's available. Bob G.
    I agree! I will try some 4x5 as well, I have a few rolls of it in 35mm but I have not used it yet. Waiting for the sun to come back out...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stahlke View Post
    I'm looking forward to trying it in 4x5 and maybe 8x10.

A couple of questions:
    Does anyone know what the prices will be?
    Does anyone know a good lab for 8x10 C41 processing?

Cheers,
    Mark
    Kodak's Scott DeSabato said in recent interview it will be priced below Portra. You can probably get an idea of the relationship by looking at Ektar 35/120 vs. Portra 35/120 (the Ektar significantly cheaper).

funkadelic

Quote Originally Posted by rguinter View Post
    It would be a shame if everyone didn't try it. New films are few and far between these days. I've had mixed results with it in MF but I will certainly buy some in 4x5 as soon as it's available. Bob G.
    I do look forward to a new film becoming available, though I'm not sure how to interpret "mixed results"... whether its user or manufacturer error.
    If it was inconsistent, I wouldn't bother.
    I've not tried it yet, but look forward to it. I've only shot Portra in 120, but just got a couple of boxes for the 5x7. If Ektar is going to cost less, but still provide good results, I could cut a box of 8x10 to fit the 5x7. I need to get a roll of 120/220 first to test it. Free time has been at a minimum lately, hence the Portra that's still in the TLR.

I will be ordering some. It is great in 35mm and 120. I can get almost grainless 11x14 prints from 35mm Ektar. I am looking forward to seeing how a 20x24 shot looks on Ektar from 4x5. Now the problem will be finding a suitable subject that needs this.

Consulting the pineal gland

Does anyone know how Ektar 100 has worked out in 120 with cheap home processing methods? Could I get away with a fish-tank-heatered water bath and combiplan tank for it in 4x5?
    Normally I've sent off my E6 and C41, but I've never mailed out sheet film for processing and ouch that looks spendy!

Should be fine. I've been C41 processing almost from it's introduction, although less so of late.

Ian

It's great news, I'd hoped the day would come that Ektar would become available in 4x5 but suspected it never would. Looking forward to giving it a go, it might even tempt me to save up for a 10x8!

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

I've been shooting Ektar in 135 and 120 format with excellent results and will definitely purchase the 4x5 format - especially since I've read elsewhere on this forum that Fuji Pro 160C will be discontinued. Wonder if they are going to make it available in 50 sheet boxes? 10 Sheet packaging is fine with me but the 50 sheet box comes in handy when traveling.

"Way to Go Kodak!"

Can anyone tell me what Ektar is all about. This is the first I have learned about it.

Thanks...

LJ Segil

I've been a bit disappointed with my initial results using the 135 film (cyan cast in the shadows, sometimes marring the entire image) but I'll certainly try it when it becomes available in 8x10.
    Phoenix Imaging (formerly Precision) in Chicago and Praus Productions in Rochester NY can both process and print C-41 ( as well as any other film type) in any format, and do it well.
    Larry