Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jobo Expert 3010

Re: Jobo Expert 3010

Andre, thanks for backing me up. I said the same thing in post #4 on page one of this thread. Glad I'm not crazy.

Are there any options for us europeans to use a Unicolor Roller type of motor here in the old land appart from the Jobo CP's.
    I'd like to have one of those smaller/simple rollers but I imagine getting one from the US will carry voltage problems (i'd need a converter).

Actually I would check ebay in Europe, the CPP2 and other Jobo's are natively 240 volt machines. They were sold in Europe to work on the 50 hertz electric you have. There may even be new units available if you research where to buy.

You would need a convertor to buy a US model because they use 110V at 60 hertz. But if you did buy a US model I have the 240 Volt transformer circuit boards to convert them back to European specifications. It all depends on how much money you are willing to spend.

A US made Unicolor roller would probably need a converter as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ramiroelena View Post
    Are there any options for us europeans to use a Unicolor Roller type of motor here in the old land appart from the Jobo CP's.
    I'd like to have one of those smaller/simple rollers but I imagine getting one from the US will carry voltage problems (i'd need a converter).

Well, I would of course be happier spending $20 to $40 on a smaller roller than $150 to $300 on a CPP. But mainly, I'd like something that doesn't take that much space.

Ideally, an ATL-2000 but well, you know...

What are the european users in this forum using with their expert drums? Jobo CP's only?

Does the lid not leak on the Jobo 3010 without a rubber cap like that in the attached picture? I was using the 2509n system in a 2500 tank and I had to pop off the cog head to replace it with a rubber cap. I can see on Catlabs' website that said cap only fits the smaller tanks. Can I assume that this means the open cog head doesn't spill liquid from its orifice when spun on a rotary developer without the associated Jobo system spout attached?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03046.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	229135

Quote Originally Posted by senderoaburrido View Post
    ...Can I assume that this means the open cog head doesn't spill liquid from its orifice when spun on a rotary developer without the associated Jobo system spout attached?
    Yes, that would be a valid assumption. If anything leaks out of the cog opening when the drum is horizontal (spinning or not), it will only because the drum was overfilled (beyond Jobo's recommended max capacity).
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

I use it without a lid without problems. As Vaughn says, if it spills it’s because you used too much liquid.