Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Pets/Animals in LF

Re: Pets/Animals in LF

[QUOTE=JRFrench;538497]There must be other LFers out there that turn their cameras on unsuspecting animals :QUOTE]

following was not planned to take an animal picture. After building up the graflex, I saw someone watching me and my dog. In exhibitions I hung the photo low as riddle for children: who finds the animal?

the answer:

Some really good kitty shots. I just can't get a decent shot of my cat. An occasional luck one with the cell phone, but she just won't stay still. I was thinking maybe some Benedryl, but I really don't want to chance OD'ing my little pal. I have managed a few good ones of my GF's cats, but only with the D700 and a lot of help (luck).
    Michael Cienfuegos

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Cienfuegos View Post
    Some really good kitty shots. I just can't get a decent shot of my cat. An occasional luck one with the cell phone, but she just won't stay still. I was thinking maybe some Benedryl, but I really don't want to chance OD'ing my little pal. I have managed a few good ones of my GF's cats, but only with the D700 and a lot of help (luck).
    Boy, this sounds familiar. As soon as our Ollie sees the camera he leaves whatever photogenic pose he is in somewhat saying "what are you doing? " and ambles over to investigate.

[QUOTE=hendrik faure;1028451]
    Quote Originally Posted by JRFrench View Post
    There must be other LFers out there that turn their cameras on unsuspecting animals :QUOTE]

following was not planned to take an animal picture. After building up the graflex, I saw someone watching me and my dog. In exhibitions I hung the photo low as riddle for children: who finds the animal?
    Amazingly well camouflaged!
    Jim Cole
    Flagstaff, AZ

runs a monkey grinder Steve M Hostetter's Avatar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tic-tac-net.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	96867 tic tac 4x5" txp 320 180mm petzval f4 Galli shutter

Quote Originally Posted by bobwysiwyg View Post
    As soon as our Ollie sees the camera he leaves whatever photogenic pose he is in somewhat saying "what are you doing? " and ambles over to investigate.
    First dog, a Llasa Apso, would just sit and ham it up - never hard to get a pic even when setting up strobes, etc. Then came a Toy Poodle ... had her since 4 months old, never did anything that would put fear into her, but as soon as she'd see the lens aimed at her (forget coming over to investigate) she'd scurry out of the room. I once knew a woman who was the same way. Strange.

I still can't believe I was able to pull this off. I had the lens wide open to get my fastest possible shutter speed. I don't remember the specifics, but I focused on a point of the rock where I wanted my dog, the after a attempts to get the dog in the right spot I finally did. This is the result.

Name:	LF002.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	96868

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Dexheimer View Post
    I still can't believe I was able to pull this off. I had the lens wide open to get my fastest possible shutter speed. I don't remember the specifics, but I focused on a point of the rock where I wanted my dog, the after a attempts to get the dog in the right spot I finally did. This is the result.

Name:	LF002.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	96868
    Nice one, Jeff!
    Jim Cole
    Flagstaff, AZ

Boris by James Harr Photo, on Flickr

James Harr
    Humble Hobbyist

retrogrouchy

Feed the Beast:

4x5 Fomapan 100, 150mm Nikkor-W, Toyo 45A and about 1kJ of flash.

Note: Scotch Magic Tape, though usually basically invisible once applied, lights up horribly when flashed from the side. I'm gonna need a different pre-focus marker...