Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 3106

Thread: post your urban landscapes

Re: post your urban landscapes

5x7
    korona

Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    Hi Giovanni,

I don't know you so please don't be insulted by the question: are you new only to the Tetenal kit or to shooting LF chromes in general? It's very easy to get underexposure by forgetting bellows compensation, and a scene doesn't need to be focused particularly closely to need 1/3 or 1/2 a stop extra; it's the sort of error that'd be invisible/irrelevant on a negative, but annoying on a chrome. Maybe your shutter is slightly fast? Obviously disregard this if you have great results when using a pro lab on your E6 sheets and the issue is limited to your use of the Tetenal kit.

yess, I'm a little "experienced" in shooting trans, so, no mistakes.
    I'm beginner in developing myself E6 in tetenal-3 kit.

I use the Fuji E6 kit and have never tried the Tetenal. I found exposure/density/etc came out identically with LF (Jobo 3010) as it does in 120 (Jobo 2xxx reels) as long as I don't take the additional opportunities to screw up exposure.

I get itchy when I haven't posted in this thread in a while. Here's another substation.

Loring Substation by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

edit: huzzah! My hundredth post on this forum.

Another from the same photowalk with Lucas. I'm surprised to be faster at scanning than him for once...

Calportland by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

One from January. 8x10 Dorf. 250/6.7 Fuji

And another.

K. F. Jacobsen & Co. by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

Hey Isaac, what's your approach when doing night scenes? Do you start off with a fixed aperture? How do you measure the scene, incident reading or spot readings of several zones? Seems like you nail every single exposure.

Thanks Charlotte!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramiro Elena View Post
    Hey Isaac, what's your approach when doing night scenes? Do you start off with a fixed aperture? How do you measure the scene, incident reading or spot readings of several zones? Seems like you nail every single exposure.
    Well, the first secret of being a good photographer is to not show people your bad shots

That said, I'm almost always at f/22 or f/32 to balance DOF and exposure time. I spot meter the really important parts of the subject (in these cases a lit part of the substation not right next to a light source, the dome, and the pavement in front of the truck, respectively), then add 2-3 stops for reciprocity failure and tend to end up with exposure times between 2 and 5 minutes. It also helps that Portra 400 is a very, very forgiving film. The neg for the substation photo is somewhat thin (probably by a stop and a half or so), but it scans alright.

Terry, I love the depth of focus and image management. Nice job! I hope you don't mind me reposting your image... I couldn't figure out how to also wrap it in quotes...

Fresno, Ca. - early 1980's ( building long gone now ). This was right across the street from the railyards - so aptly named.

Camera - Sinar F
    Lens - 90mm super angulon
    Film - Agfapan 25 Attached Thumbnails
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pumps.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by RHITMrB View Post
    Thanks Charlotte!

Well, the first secret of being a good photographer is to not show people your bad shots

That said, I'm almost always at f/22 or f/32 to balance DOF and exposure time. I spot meter the really important parts of the subject (in these cases a lit part of the substation not right next to a light source, the dome, and the pavement in front of the truck, respectively), then add 2-3 stops for reciprocity failure and tend to end up with exposure times between 2 and 5 minutes. It also helps that Portra 400 is a very, very forgiving film. The neg for the substation photo is somewhat thin (probably by a stop and a half or so), but it scans alright.
    Thanks! 2-3 stops wow. I would have never thought it would eat up up 3. It's overall really nice work.