Page 13 of 311 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: post your urban landscapes

Re: post your urban landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Beckenbach View Post
    Its from the picnic area just past the little league field in Elysian Park. You're looking at the west side of the Dodger Stadium parking lot with the stadium itself just out of the frame to the left.
    Edwin, I love the juxtaposition between the parking lot and the skyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Galbraith View Post
    This is fantastic, Sean. Something about it seems to sing. That's the closest I can come to describing the feeling.

This is a Fuji FP-100c proof for a shot taken with my Speed Graphic and Optar 135 on Portra 100t. I'm really not sure how the camera got knocked out of alignment, but the proof was done second so it likely happened in between. Of course, I ended up liking the colour balance in this a lot and fear I'll regret having used tungsten stock, but we'll see. I'm also disappointed the vending machines are out of focus. Still, can't wait to see the full 4x5.

Toyo 45cf
    150mm caltar
    Arista Edu 400

GOing Urban

1)

2)

3)

4)

Window
    Portra 160 NC, Super Symmar XL 110mm, Center Filter, f22 10 minutes + double-polarized strobe, 400 watts x 64 pops

Window
    Portra 160 NC, Super Symmar XL 110mm, Center Filter, f22 10 minutes + double-polarized strobe, 400 watts x 64 pops
    This is really cool!

I was always fascinated by the relationship of windows and framed pictures (which goes back a long time in history, that's where the idea of paintings with frames come from an art historian once told me). I think your execution of that idea is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha Welter View Post
    This is really cool!

I was always fascinated by the relationship of windows and framed pictures (which goes back a long time in history, that's where the idea of paintings with frames come from an art historian once told me). I think your execution of that idea is perfect.
    Thanks, It's actually a test shot from the other day for something a bit more elaborate I'm working on but I like it quite a lot. It happens to be my studio window.

Window
    Wow, that came out perfect. Did you do many tests of this? The exposure is excellent.

Is your studio around 5th and Los Angeles?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Thomas View Post
    Wow, that came out perfect. Did you do many tests of this? The exposure is excellent.

Is your studio around 5th and Los Angeles?
    No tests...because that is the test. The outside exposure is easy because I have a lot of experience doing ambient night shots in the area. On the inside I just metered the polarized strobe light off a gray card through another appropriately oriented polarizer, compensated for aperture and added a bunch of pops guessing about a stop of reciprocity failure knowing I couldn't possibly overexpose the film. I used 3cm of shift and 1 cm of rise to position the skyline so I used the centerfilter but I still had to use a PS curve layer and gradient mask to correct for some falloff.

Winston and San Pedro, two blocks farther east.

No tests...because that is the test. The outside exposure is easy because I have a lot of experience doing ambient night shots in the area. On the inside I just metered the polarized strobe light off a gray card through another appropriately oriented polarizer, compensated for aperture and added a bunch of pops guessing about a stop of reciprocity failure knowing I couldn't possibly overexpose the film. I used 3cm of shift and 1 cm of rise to position the skyline so I used the centerfilter but I still had to use a PS curve layer and gradient mask to correct for some falloff.

Winston and San Pedro, two blocks farther east.
    Thanks for tech info. I'm just a beginner, especially with LF, so I'd be very interested in seeing get these types of shots set up. I'm at Spring and 7th at least for a couple more months. See my shot from my rooftop earlier in this thread.

5x7 180mm Schneider-Kreuznach Symmar HP5 D76

Last edited by sully75; 15-Oct-2010 at 15:00. Reason: screwed up the tags