Thread: Linhof lensboards

Linhof lensboards

Do all the linhof cameras accept the same size (outer dimensions) lensboards. ie, the 6x9, 4x5 and 5x7 cameras or is there a different size for each format.

Re: Linhof lensboards

As you can see here every camera size has it's own lensboard size. Also the lensboard has changend from Technika IV to Technika V 6,5x9cm and from Technika III to Technika IV 4x5".

BTW the last one of the Linhof part of this list, 6.37 (162mm) square, isn't a Technika- but a Kardan-lensboard.
    Last edited by Peter K; 10-Dec-2009 at 09:54. Reason: spelling

From the KEH listings:

LINHOF TECH IV/V/M 4X5 41 HOLE BLACK LENS BOARD
    I own boards by Linhof, Toyo, Wista and HSE (Horseman maybe?) and they all fit my Technika V.
    Wayne
    Deep in the darkest heart of the North Carolina rainforest.

Wayne's Blog

FlickrMyBookFaceTwitSpacei

Technika cameras each had/has their own lensboard size but the TK and TKS cameras, 23 and 45, take the same size Technika 45 lens boards.
    As a basic rule of thumb, all Kardan cameras made since the B and the Super Color were introduced use the same size board for all formats; 45, 57 and 810. But there were cameras like the Kardan Standard that only took the 45 Technika board.

Since you asked about "all" then be aware that Technika III cameras take a different and no longer made board then the later models. And the original Kardan camera also used a different board then later Kardans. Plus the note about 23 boards made by Peter.

Thanks all. I had thought they were all the same but I saw one that looked odd and now I know why, there are lots of different ones.