Page 113 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1136

Thread: Lets See Your Darkroom

Re: Lets See Your Darkroom

Quote Originally Posted by willwilson View Post
    Yes and expensive, but I figured an over design was important for good smooth operation. It has a 2x6 frame and 3/4" plywood bottom.

https://www.mcmaster.com/product/6603A53
    Those ought to do the job. Nice to see your darkroom, thanks for posting.

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Pieter View Post
    So what do those washers weigh, full?
    I have not measured volume or actually weighed them full. I just guesstimated based on cubic inches. 11x14 washer 35lbs dry, 150lbs wet. 20x24 washer - 75lbs dry, 275-350lbs wet. Only running one washer at a time so plenty of extra capacity.
    Will Wilson
    www.willwilson.com

Fine Art & Architect

like you 8x10 enlarger/ I have an Omega F

3012 Metric 9x12cm JOBO Film Drum on Unicolor Uniroller by Nokton48, on Flickr

OK I used the Unidrum and Unidrum II for decades to process high quality 4x5 and 8x10 sheet film negatives. I bought a sheet of brake pad material from the local auto parts store, and it only leaked a teeny bit. I use the Unirollers too, I simply put a 5x7 Paterson tray on each side of the Uniroller, which sits in a plastic dishwashing tub. So spillage is OK with me. Last week I received two more black 8x10 Unidrum II"s, I have two I've always been using. BTW you have to have the black rubber "thingee" which always in missing for these. So on the internet I learned to go to Harbor Freight, and bought a single black bungee cord, which can be sliced into the "rubber plug thingee" which separates 4x5 film sheets, and keeps the sheets from riding over each other in the soup. So really I would not use the Unidrums without the "rubber thingee". But I have plenty now including extras. Once Unicolor mailed me extra thingees but they have disappeared over the years. Hurray for Unicolor! Still works good after all these decades. "Poor Man's JOBO". LOL

BTW JOBO and Paterson tanks work good on the Uniroller. Also BTW the sink is a "Kreontite Plate Washing Sink" which I procured out of the basement of Midwest Photo for Fifty Bucks. Probably cost $5000 new LOL. Love Kreonite stuff
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

This is my storage room/darkroom, basically just to expose the paper or to print 8x10 with the Nova Monochrome, for printing anything bigger I have drag the Jobo out of that room. I'm about to move so I decided to take a picture and post it here before I start packing everything.
    I call it my IKEA darkroom because 98% of the shelving or storage is from that store.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel.E View Post
    This is my storage room/darkroom, basically just to expose the paper or to print 8x10 with the Nova Monochrome, for printing anything bigger I have drag the Jobo out of that room. I'm about to move so I decided to take a picture and post it here before I start packing everything.
    I call it my IKEA darkroom because 98% of the shelving or storage is from that store.

Nice. So your wet area is in another room?

You have plans for your next darkroom yet?

-=Will
    Will Wilson
    www.willwilson.com

Yeah, my wet area is in the kitchen after I put everything away! I’m very thankful for the Jobo in that regard.

No plans yet for the new darkroom. I get the feeling that it’ll be similar to the actual one.

VC Contact Printing Box by Nokton48, on Flickr

I took an online large format floral photo course from Tim Layton, I spotted this variable contrast (split-filtering!) contact printing light source in his darkroom, so I made one for myself, out of foamcore board and Hollywood Gaffer Tape. Yes it works and I need to start using it more! Split filter printing is uber precise and I love it. Makes it possible to print difficult to print negatives. Want to try using this for printing XRAY negatives and the Agfa Aviphot Aero large format negatives. They should benefit from split printing. The VC filters are the large ones from Ilford.

Multigrade Filters for Contact Printer by Nokton48, on Flickr

I put these in the contact printing box upside down, so I can read the filter numbers when I look up. The VC paper is very light sensitive, so I use Rosco ND .03 and .06 filters, cut from sheets I buy from B&H. Even with the smallest LED bulb I could find, still WAY too bright, it needs the ND filtering to reduce the light further.
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

New X bedroom DR

Gas Burst 6 enlargers, 35mm, 2X3, 4X5, 5X7, 2 10X10

My Darkroom by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr
    Tin Can

that stainless sink !!! and is that Pyrocat HD in the plastic bag ?
    notch codes ? I only use one film...