Thread: Lets See Your Darkroom

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Lets See Your Darkroom

In case it may be useful to others, I attach a plan for my darkroom/workroom, which is what would otherwise be a bedroom. In an ideal world, we'd all have separate darkrooms and workrooms, but this one is for me a big improvement over the days of a one-bedroom apartment when my wife would tell friends that we slept in the red light zone, and when I had to carry trays and tubs of chem and water to the bathtub, having no darkroom sink.

In my present set-up, the sink is across the room from the bathroom, which allowed fairly easy, if very simply plumbing installation: a single faucet and drain on my 5' Delta sink (of which I posted a photo a year or two ago), showing shelves and underneath storage.

Underneath the enlarging table I have some negative storage and film storage supplies, along with some non-sensitive equipment, supplies, frames, etc. -- nothing that should be on the wet "side," which is all at the sink. I'm rigorously strict about wet- and dry-side separation.The shelves near the art table have odds and ends of equipment accessories, art supplies, etc., and there is some storage space below the dry mounting table for print storage supplies, etc. The file cabinet holds prints and contacts in acid-free document folders.

I use print drying screens, stored vertically at the back side of the enlarging table with a plastic sheet covering them when not in use. For use, I lay them across the door-end of the sink.

I did not show the window blocks (insulation boards) and some other items that take up space, making it a bit more "cozy" than I'd like, but it's fairly functional.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/