Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: confused about the"active chemicals" for a jobo

confused about the"active chemicals" for a jobo

John Sexton uses T-Max RS at 1:9 in his Jobo 3006. His development is extremely consistent. Maybe the 3010 is pushing it.

Sal, I can't get that page to load up...but if that's the old f-32 pamphlet on TMAX Films and TMAX Developer (J-86), I have those in my hand right now....TMAX Dev. is not the same as TMAX RS. Here's the link to Kodak's Professional listing of TMAX Developers:

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/support/techPubs/j86/j86.s html

That's pub. J-86.

Am I missing something here if I read this:

"T-MAX Developer is available as a one-part concentrate in sizes to make one gallon and five gallons of working solution. You can easily mix smaller volumes by mixing one part of the concentrate with four parts water. T-MAX RS Developer and Replenisher is available in convenient sizes to make one gallon and ten gallons of solution; use this solution as a working-tank solution or a replenisher. The ten-gallon size consists of two separate units, each to make five gallons of solution."

Every little sheet that comes packed into a box of RS says absolutely nothing--never has--about diluting it. I just pulled one and this is what it says: "unlike T-Max developer, Kodak T-Max RS Developer and Replenisher is not intended for mixing smaller volumes. Mix the _entire_ contents of part A and Part B to prepare a complete developer and replenishing solution."

The basic dilution for TMAX is 1:4, TMAX RS is a different developer....I can't speak for Kodak, so ask them what the "official" repsonse is if all the tech sheets say something else.

Sal...ah-ha! Now I see it...leave it to Kodak to bury the crap on their website....the F-32 I have here is from the 90's...it looks like the one you found is an addendum labeled Pt.2 from 9-2000....I see the dilution specs for the RS, but it's confusing as hell when you read all the fine print, and seems contradictory if you read the tech sheets for the developer. My apologies....

I use a Expert 3010 and a 2500 series drum on a Uniroller base and thanks to santa am now using both on a CPA-2. I have followed John Sexton's suggestions that are included in his workshop handouts. i use T-Max RS. I mix Part B into Part A and that becomes my stock. I do not mix the developer into a gallon quantity! Then I dilute that 1:9. For 12 sheets in the 2500 drum or for 10 sheets in the Expert drum, i use 900ML. That is 90 ML TMax RS and 810 ML water. i process Tmax 100, EI 80, for 10 minutes at 75 degrees. I used Sexton as a guide and then made tests on my own. That works well. Bob

DK: No apology necessary. I used that html "part 2" link only because I couldn't find the .pdf link on Kodak's site at the moment. Very strange search results sometimes at kodak.com.

The oldest F-32 paper copy I can locate here at the moment is dated October 1999, and it has the same info as the html file; I remember high dilution T-Max RS rotary recommendations being included for quite a few years before that. I suspect it's all traceable back to Sexton anyway, in his consulting capacity for Kodak.