OK, I had a planned to use my Gandolfi 8x10 as a base for a 617 back - got a spare back made with a canham roll film holder, sourced a good Super Symmar 110xl in Scotland and finally put the whole thing together ready to use last weekend.

The stupidity (on my part) is incredible - I must unburden myself of this and ask for help...

The focal length is way too short for the lense to get close to focussing. What now - recess the back? recess the lense? - both? i have to admit that the distance (roughly) as it stands from the lense to the film screen is getting on for double what i need, so i am struggling.

I know now that I should have bought that Fuxi GX617, however that wouldn't be cricket would it?

Apologies for the rubbish low res photos - they are the best I can do with my ten month old sleeping next door.

If you can see from the frontal shot of the camera - the bellows are really rucked up - they are virtually new - it's as if there is too much material - is this because I store the camera closed up?

Thanks for your thoughts...