Thread: Polaroid comes back in 2010?!

Polaroid comes back in 2010?!

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to pass on the link that the impossible project plans on producing film in the new year. I was wondering if any others out there know if they will be putting out 4x5 film?

http://www.the-impossible-project.com/

Re: Polaroid comes back in 2010?!

Quote Originally Posted by byronfry View Post
    Hey everyone,

Just wanted to pass on the link that the impossible project plans on producing film in the new year. I was wondering if any others out there know if they will be putting out 4x5 film?

http://www.the-impossible-project.com/
    It's been discussed many times. As I understand it, they are only coming out with the instant print film ala the SX-70, not with peel-apart materials such as was used with 4x5. I like the Fuji stuff in any case for 4x5 peel-apart materials. What would excite me is the return of Type 55 positive/negative film. But I don't see that as in the works.

Rick "thinking the P/N film would be more useful in a scanner-based world than in a darkroom-based world" Denney

Wrong date: it's 2012, when the Mayan calendar rolls over, and time reverses. Mirror images will be de rigueur in fashionable circles!

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post
    It's been discussed many times. As I understand it, they are only coming out with the instant print film ala the SX-70, not with peel-apart materials such as was used with 4x5. I like the Fuji stuff in any case for 4x5 peel-apart materials. What would excite me is the return of Type 55 positive/negative film. But I don't see that as in the works.

Rick "thinking the P/N film would be more useful in a scanner-based world than in a darkroom-based world" Denney
    Rick

Can you help a neophyte please? I have one of the old polaroid holders that I understnd wont work with the fuji product. Can you advise what holder and film I need to buy. I use a Shen Hao TZ45

Many thanks in advance

Adrian