Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Water Panel

Re: Water Panel

Thanks a lot to everyone who responded to my novice's question. Looks like I'll go with a Haas and lead in 5 micron filters.

I don't need the hot water or fancy electronic panel. It's scorching hot in south Texas and I just need to go in there and chill. It's an ancient panel that is broken and I don't want to buy another one. All i need is some cold water with jets running. How hard is it to do it. I've already pulled the panel and will be hooking everything up without the panel and heater and see if the pump will work rigged up. I can't see how this wouldn't work.

The Intellifaucet is very useful if the incoming water temperature is both above and below the temperature needed at the output so that the auto mixing can toggle between hot and cold. But it cannot chill, which as Flo points out in Texas and other semi tropical climates is a big problem. In Austin summer water temperature reaches 85 degree F so no straight mixing valve, auto or manual is useful. One needs an industrial chiller, an ice bath or other alternative to operate effectively at a darkroom temperature of 68 to 75 degrees F. I recently set up a liquid peltier cooler (250 watt capacity) driven by a commercial 24 volt, 15 amp DC supply. It works as a cooler but of limited flow rate (delta 10 degrees F at 0.5 liters per minute). So I really need about a 500 watt unit for the hottest months.

In MA the Intellifaucet worked perfectly using well water at 58 degrees F.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Potter View Post
    TIn Austin summer water temperature reaches 85 degree F so no straight mixing valve, auto or manual is useful.
    I had this problem in San Antonio, too. I couldn't process in July through early September, and the rest of the year ran between 72 and 75 from the cold tap.

In college (College Station) we retasked a water fountain to work as a chiller, and it worked quite well.

Rick "whose water comes from the well here in Virginia at 56 degrees" Denney