Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: QUICKLY... How Much Should I Pay For a M- 210mm Graphic Kowa??

Re: QUICKLY... How Much Should I Pay For a M- 210mm Graphic Kowa??

So is $400 or $500 or $600 the going rate for a really nice one? The one I found for $595 is claimed to be M- in a late all black Copal and with flawless glass.

SF Bay Area 94303

I bought one for $75 in barrel and screwed it directly into the shutter from my 210 Sironon that had a badly separated front lens. The glass was not perfect but as they say it is unlikely to effect the picture....... Works fine..... KFry

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1234 View Post
    Aren't the Computar/Kyvytar/Kowa all the same lens under different brand names? Or am I I kunfyoozed again?
    Short answer to your question is no. Computar/Kyvytar are the same, Kowa Graphic is not except in a few exceptional cases.

For longer answer do a search of the archives.

Sandy King
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

Thank you, Kirk.

Thank you, Sandy.

grumpy & miserable Joseph O'Neil's Avatar

Hi Mike;
    For what it is worth, the 210mm size is argueably the most common size you will find for sale used here or on flea-bay.

Granted not all of them will cover much more than 4x5 or 5x7, but I also see more good deals and lenses available right now for sale that at any time in the past. IMO, the economy is taking it's toll on people, and good or bad, that is working into deals for buyers right now.

joe
    eta gosha maaba, aaniish gaa zhiwebiziyin ?

Joseph... yes, the economy is really driving prices down at the moment. I have many lenses listed for sale here and on the LFPI site right now at bargain basement prices and they're moving very slowly. I agree that it's definitely a "buyers' market" right now. Later, when the economy recovers (or rather shows the appearance of recovery) and inflation begins to ramp up shooting prices through the roof, many will look back at this moment in time and ask themselves, "Why the heck didn't I buy what I wanted back THEN?!"

I'll keep looking for a 210mm Kowa Graphic. If they're fairly common then surely a more reasonably priced one will show up.

Mike...It might be a buyers market but what gives you the right to screw with someones sale with a thinly disguised thread. Gary posts a lens for sale (http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ad.php?t=54510) and you post to debate the worth of a near identical lens in a discussion forum. Why not wait until he has a chance to sell? I can answer that for you. It is pretty obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Roody View Post
    Mike...It might be a buyers market but what gives you the right to screw with someones sale with a thinly disguised thread. Gary posts a lens for sale (http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ad.php?t=54510) and you post to debate the worth of a near identical lens in a discussion forum. Why not wait until he has a chance to sell? I can answer that for you. It is pretty obvious.
    What are you talking about, Pete? I'm doing no such thing. If you look at my threads you'll see that I've been searching for a 210 that will cover 5x12 for some time now. I asked because I found a Kowa 210 for $595 and I wanted to avoid overpaying since I know nothing about them. Others have suggested I pay no more than ~$400 for one. I'm just responding to those comments. My comment about it being a buyers market is expressed as a generality except where I comment on my sales and no one else's.

BTW Pete, what gives you the right to suggest I gag my posts over a subject I'm perfectly entitled to discuss? This thread has nothing to do with anyone or anything other than me gaining information I need. If you can't comment positively here then please don't comment at all.

EDIT: My apologies to you, Gary Alessi, if you were in any way offended. I did start this thread not knowing you had a 210 Kowa for sale. And again, I've been inquiring about 210's to cover 5x12 for quite a while now. I'm not trying to affect your sale in any way and I resent Pete for suggesting that is some hidden motive on my part. For your edification, here is the lens I was inquiring about... http://www.georgeury.com/cgi-bin/list.pl?listid=13 . Search for "210/9 Graphic-Kowa". It's priced at $595 just as I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Roody View Post
    Pete I think your way off base here---I don't think imho Mike was not trying to undercut anyone's sales. He has stated over and over he's trying to sell his gear for a another camera.---There's nothing wrong asking the forum the current market value of a lens
    Last edited by johnschlicher; 11-Oct-2009 at 17:14. Reason: left out a word

Mike,

Gary's for sale ad was posted right after (2nd after) a bunch of yours. I guess you don't watch the fs posts closely.

I don't know Gary and he had nothing to do with my post.

I am not trying to "gag" your thread. I don't think there should be any rules enacted nor is any censorship needed. But you did create a post that questioned how much a certain type of lens should sell for. That lens type was being offered for sale here. Your thread was poorly timed. As a courtesy you could have held back. You didn't. You were practicing a form of "price policing" imho. I have a right to my opinion and I stand by what I said.