Hi everyone my first post to this forum.

While I've finally succumbed to the temptation of a digital camera I still intend to retain my film cameras. Yes my Canon 5D MK2 is very good but I still enjoy the magic of large format film..... but digital imaging is here to stay so I personally believe we have the best of both worlds!

I have a fair collection of various formats including 5X7 and 8X10 and I have recently found that using a combination of Photoshop and LR2 for printing the quality achievable from large format film is excellent. As an aside, the print output from my Epson R2400 printer looks significantly better from LR2 compared with Photoshop CS2 - both using the same printer profile

I scan using an older Epson 4870 which is OK for up to 5X7 but does not cover for 8X10 and I feel the resolution for 35mm is not good enough. I am tempted to buy the V700 but it must be getting close to being replaced..... here in Australia we do not get the V7050P version which may be a notch better.

A couple of questions: Does the Epson V700 provide significantly better scan quality than the 4870? And finally, is anyone aware of a V700/V750p replacement?