Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dark cloth questions

Dark cloth questions

After years of struggling with dark cloths slipping off the camera and flapping in the breeze, I finally tried using a black t-shirt (a suggestion listed in this web-site). This is by far the best solution- the neck of the-shirt is stretched to fit around the ground- glass holder. You put you head in the bottom of the shirt and you can put your hands through the sleeves. Advantages compared to a fancy dark cloth are: 1-Cost, 2-Compact and light-weight, 3- Blocks light from below, 4- Doesn' slip off the camera or your head, even when windy.

Dark cloth questions

Easy and cheap. With my Calumet studio monorail, I drape the dark cloth over the rear standard and use a large spring metal clip I purchased from the office supply store, and clip the cloth together at the bottom of the standard.

Dark cloth questions

the T-shirt suggestion is just an even simpler suggestion of the one I made but it can work very well(if you have a large neck)

Dark cloth questions

I can fully understand some people not wanting to pay ~$60 for a Darkroom Innovations darkcloth. However, if money is not in very short suppy, do yourself a favor and get one. IMO it's be best, if not the most frugal, solution.

Dark cloth questions

I fully agree with Linas. I have both a 4x5 and an 8x10. For those who may not understand what the broo ha ha is all about .. this meo of a 'dark tube' than a dark cloth. It attaches to the resar standard via elastic and it has a velcro stip all down the bottom to allow you to open it up a smuch as you want. It is compact and light and works wonderfully. BTW the 4x5 is less than 60 and Badger has one for 40 (used I elieve) right now.