Thread: imagon 300

Question imagon 300

I've recently bought an Imagon f=300 Rodenstock-Tiefenbildner. It has 3 discs with different sized holes for soft focus and a green/yellow filter. I am told that a 4X - GREY-FILTER, when used with flash, will cut down exposure. Where could I purchase this filter? I don't know very much about this lens, but I would love to. If anyone could steer me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful! I have the Imagon introduction sheets (5 in total) but would love more practical information.
    Thanks
    Austin

Re: imagon 300

You have an older model that has a filter for B+W work. If that is what you are doing use it. If you are using colour, you will have to use difference ISO films to contol exposure or cut your flash down; or find a neutral density filter or polarizer that can be mounted in some fashion. If you can find a friction fit at 77mm OD that should do. I wonder if one of the Series filters was that size?
    Regards
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    I've recently bought an Imagon f=300 Rodenstock-Tiefenbildner. It has 3 discs with different sized holes for soft focus and a green/yellow filter. I am told that a 4X - GREY-FILTER, when used with flash, will cut down exposure. Where could I purchase this filter? I don't know very much about this lens, but I would love to. If anyone could steer me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful! I have the Imagon introduction sheets (5 in total) but would love more practical information.
    Austin,

the first Imagon where sold with an yellow filter. It works very well with b&w film. But with the spread of color-photography a neutral (grey) filter was used. I don't think the grey filters are still aviable. But you can buy a glass filter and an optician can cut it to the size you need.

The use of the Imagon was often discussed in this forum. With the "search" function you will get many information.

Here you can find some information too.

Peter

There is a good book about the Imagon: "Lichtbilder mit dem Imagon" from Alfons Scholz, VWI Verlag Gerhard Knülle, Herrsching/Ammersee, ISBN 3-88369-130-5 dated 1980, copyright Rodenstock.
    It is in German however......

I have the 250mm for my 4x5 inch and a 200mm that I have to mount onto an adapter for my SL66 and love them !

Peter

I have quite a few Imagons; a 120 and 150 (which I use on my Exakta 66) and shuttered 200 and 250, which I use on my Sinars. Also, the 300, 360, and 420 in barrel mounts, also for the Sinars.

Great lenses, you will enjoy your Imagon
    If you look long enough, you will find one on Ebay.
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain