I have been reading the comments of others for some time now, regarding the prob lems associated with transporting film on airplanes. I, too have been concerned with the impact recent events have had on those of us who travel with film (and objects that may confuse and concern the security people at airports).

A thought occured to me that I'd like to share and get your feedback on. What i f we use this wonderful forum to help provide local assistance in procuring film for each other? A kind of National (or International) Film Bank. For example, if someone in New Jersey is planning a trip to Death Valley, maybe one of us in Las Vegas might be willing to purchase film for the trip ahead of time? Those individuals would then coordinate drop off to the traveller. Perhaps we could c ompile a directory of LF users who would be willing to help in this cause. We wo uld of course, have to set up some guidelines for reimbursement. I've even been thinking of ways to process (B&W only) in motel rooms. Color film might be pro cessed at labs local to the traveller's destination as well and then shipped bac k to them directly. Imagine making a trip without carrying film to your destina tion and bringing back processed negatives? I know it sounds scary, but this ma y become a viable alternative to no travel at all. I'd like to hear your ideas a nd thoughts.