Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuji GSW690III

Fuji GSW690III

Personally, I am amazed that anyone would spend $1000+USD for a rangefinder - without a meter - and you cannot change lenses - totally amazing...... So just what do you get for your $1000-1500 that you can't find in an old used 6x9? Judging by the posts above, there is not exactly a consensus (sp) regarding the lens.....

Fuji GSW690III

To answer the last posting, you get a very modern, sharp, contrasty lens in a body that is sturdy, requires minimal setup time and has a viewfinder with accurate focus assist. Requiring an external lightmeter shouldn't pose a problem to LF users. The camera can be used not only for landscape but also in a photojournalism style for, say, environmental portraits, shot handheld with ease. Also easily used without a darkcloth in sight. An ideal solution for travel photography without all the other LF paraphernalia we love to use but have to schlep around. In summary a lot of neg area with minimum fuss, a brilliant lens (search past threads, and the MF forums on photo.net, there are many devotees of this camera) and portability. Think of it as half a Fuji GX617 at a quarter the price - with similar excellent quality. Damn, I might have just talked myself into keeping it!

Fuji GSW690III

I have a Fuji 6x9 with the 65mm and one with the 90mm. I also have the 6x7 with the 90mm. I love these cameras. The lenses are very, very sharp, the images that I make in 8x10 are almost identical to my 4x5 images. I have a few 11x14 prints that also look great. The cameras are well made, and I've been very happy with them. The draw backs are few.

Fuji GSW690III

Thanks for all your postings. I've always liked the results from my Fuji LF lenses.

Charlie