Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: B&H - So much smarter than Photog's Formulary (NOT!)

B&H - So much smarter than Photog's Formulary (NOT!)

Here's a photo of the 8x10 contact printing frames from Photographer's Formulary, on their Web site:

http://www.photoformulary.com/Deskto...ion=0&langId=0

And here is the same product, posted on B&H's! The smart guys who put together the product photos at B&H added their own touch, so we could learn how a contact printing frame is used! Ah, the folks at B&H... they have so much to teach us!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...int_Frame.html

Re: B&H - So much smarter than Photog's Formulary (NOT!)

Errors are not unusual on any dealer's web site. But did you see the link towards the bottom of B&H's page? It says:

"See any errors on this page? Let us know."

3d Visual Effects artist

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon - HP Marketing View Post
    "See any errors on this page? Let us know."
    indeed, nobody's perfect!
    Daniel Buck - 3d VFX artist
    3d work: DanielBuck.net
    photography: 404Photography.net - BuckshotsBlog.com

Octogenarian

I deal with both of these vendors on a regular basis.

The Photo Formulary assumes that the people who order from them are knowledgeable about photography and don't need someone to explain how to use the item, or help them make a decision.

B&H makes the opposite supposition. Did you ever ask one of B&H's sales staff to help you make a decision?

I enjoy the ability to order online from both vendors. I can charge the purchase to my credit card, and avoid the need to talk directly to one of B&H's "friendly, knowledgeable sales staff"(that's a joke).

However, I do like talking to one of the nice ladies at the Formulary once in a while.

It looks like I wasn't clear.

B&H appears to think these are picture frames. They've put pictures in them.

Quote Originally Posted by William McEwen View Post
    It looks like I wasn't clear.

B&H appears to think these are picture frames. They've put pictures in them.
    I am the contact person for B&H's web and catalog people who put the products on their web site and in their catalogs for our products. The people who buy product for B&H are very knowledgeable about the products they buy. But some of the people who actually put the images and the text on the web site and catalogs are not particularly knowledgeable about photography (some are). They are writers or graphics people, so they do make mistakes. But they also ask anyone who finds a mistake to tell them about it so they can correct it. Considering the size of the market for contact printing frames vs the market for picture frames it isn't that surprising an error. But note that their written description was very accurate and descriptive.

Octogenarian

They are listed under contact printing frames. I only see one picture of Rugby players.

Adds some color to the ad. It would have looked strange for them to photograph a B&W negative and a sheet of print paper inside of the frame.

I'm not defending B&H. However they do not infer that this item can be used as a picture frame.

I've got one of those frames and it didn't come with a picture. Who do I call?

I bet B&H fixes it within a week, they are pros.

In reality these can be used for picture frames, you see it there in the ad, we know what it is designed for but what is a picture frame? It's like a contact print frame isn't it?