Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you planning to visit the great Northwest? Free room and transportation offered.

Are you planning to visit the great Northwest? Free room and transportation offered.

Are you considering a trip to the great Northwest (Oregon and Washington)? I will offer you a weekend of local knowledge (shooting locations, etc), all transportation, and a free place to stay in return for you tutoring me on the use of a large format camera. Six years ago I had a brief foray into large format, but haven't gone back since. You can see my photography website at thecolorblindphotographer.net. I do have ten years of experience with 35mm, 6 x 9, and more recently digital (Nikon D90). However I covet the look of a large format print and can't wait to get started again. This is a serious offer.

Please contact me at gary.conrad@gmail.com if you are interested. I live in Portland, Oregon.

joseph

Re: Are you planning to visit the great Northwest? Free room and transportation offer

Any chance of a flight?
    I'd love to go there...

Re: Are you planning to visit the great Northwest? Free room and transportation offer

I miss seattle very much. I'd be up there in a heartbeat if I didn't have to work =(

Airfare is not included . But hey it was worth asking.

I'll be heading back home to Seattle in mid aug. Need to put on new gutters before we leave the country.

santo

lazy retired bum

Consider connecting with the Portland Photographer's Forum. We meet monthly though things change over the summer and also do occasional field trips, I do not know about formal instruction but there's always someone willing to help.

Eric

Hey Gary -

Once you get your camera, drop me a PM or an email through the forum. I'd be glad to get out and shoot with you in the Gorge or somewhere local and show you the ropes on the camera.

The Shen-Hao that Brandon has posted would be a great place to start.

This is a great idea for all of us to consider.
    Wayne
    Deep in the darkest heart of the North Carolina rainforest.

Wayne's Blog

FlickrMyBookFaceTwitSpacei

Wayne- I moved from Ft Worth last summer it would be great to see a fellow Texan.

Eric- I sent you a message earlier in the day.

Sheldon- I will take you up on your offer. I am going to see a Woodfield 4 x 5 here in Portland tomorrow that comes with 3 lenses.

Cool Re: Are you planning to visit the great Northwest? Free room and transportation offer

Quote Originally Posted by venchka View Post
    This is a great idea for all of us to consider.
    Thanks Gary. I may take you up on your offer some day.

I also think that this idea could work in other parts of the country. World. Planet.
    Last edited by venchka; 28-May-2009 at 10:32.
    Wayne
    Deep in the darkest heart of the North Carolina rainforest.

Wayne's Blog

FlickrMyBookFaceTwitSpacei