Thread: ID for british tailboard camera?

Question ID for british tailboard camera?

Does anyone know what make this full plate camera is: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=300314738052
    My guess would be a Watson&Sons. Either way, it's gonna be a nice toy to play with

Chris

Re: ID for british tailboard camera?

So it is yours ?! Congrad's ! Realy looks in great shape.

Have fun !!!!

Peter

Looks similar to my perken son & rayment, but with more movements

i just sold one just lik eit. started with an M. made in paris. i will try and dig up the name. great camera. enjoy
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Although similar to a Watson "Acme" in basic layout, there are many detail differences. Since the camera was in India when up for sale, perhaps it had an Indian maker, though I have never seen an Indian tailboard. It's unfortunate that some camera makers are so modest.

It's pretty and I think you got a good price.

So it is yours ?! Congrad's ! Realy looks in great shape.
    Have fun !!!!
    Yup, it's mine now (well it's still in transit). Should make a decent full plate camera.
    Looks similar to my perken son & rayment
    Could be another model by them.
    i just sold one just lik eit. started with an M. made in paris. i will try and dig up the name. great camera. enjoy
    Jeepers, I missed another good camera. Mackenstein? I got one of these in 10x12 and they do look somewhat similar. I love mine, it's very well built, but the front got busted during shipping (some postal dude managed to ram the attached lens - a Hermagis no less - through the front standard boards straight into the ground glass).
    Although similar to a Watson "Acme" in basic layout, there are many detail differences. Since the camera was in India when up for sale, perhaps it had an Indian maker, though I have never seen an Indian tailboard. It's unfortunate that some camera makers are so modest.
    It appears too well made for a Indian maker. I would guess it's a leftover from the colonial days; Britain must have just flooded India with their cameras, as I got a Watson, a Gandolfi and a Sanderson all from India. The rear movements look identical to my Gandolfi; but the base/bottom construction is different.
    Anyways, the price was right and it should make a good user (it apparently got newish bellows too).