Thread: Can anyone recommend the best place to get 4x5 Quickload film in the UK?

Can anyone recommend the best place to get 4x5 Quickload film in the UK?

By 'best' I suppose I mean the most competitively priced!

There's Robert Whites, and also Fuji Labs, Warehouse Express do a little (but seem more expensive).

Is there anywhere else that's really good to buy from?

Also am I right in thinking the only place I can get it processed in the UK now is Peak Imaging?

Re: Can anyone recommend the best place to get 4x5 Quickload film in the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by newmoon2night View Post
    By 'best' I suppose I mean the most competitively priced!
    At the moment, it would seem that the Fuji Choose Film shop is the best value. But if you want Astia 100F, or when the Acros 100 runs out in the UK, then Badger Graphic are quite competitive, even with shipping and taxes, as long as you buy a reasonable quantity in one shipment.

Quote Originally Posted by newmoon2night View Post
    Also am I right in thinking the only place I can get it processed in the UK now is Peak Imaging?
    Not at all. There are still several labs in the UK. My local lab is MPS in Liverpool, and they are doing a special rate for UKLFPG members, as low as £1,45 per sheet for more than 20 sheets at a time, and very good quality.

IMO, the Fuji recommended lab in Leeds is way overpriced at £3 per sheet for E6 and (wait for it) £7 per sheet for B&W.

BTW, what's wrong with posting to the UKLFPG forums? After all, we are there, with over 300 signed up members, for the benefit of UK LF photographers; including the arrangement of special discounts and facilities.

Hi there

By the time you add in post and packing (which varies), I've found that there isn't a huge amount of price difference for Quickload from the various suppliers. Depending on what you're buying, Robert White often have a '3 for 2' offer on some Quickload films (usually Provia 100F).

I but mine from RW as the prices are keen and the expiry dates long. It's then processed by MPS Liverpool, who are fine except for an ongoing issue with clip marks encroaching too far into the film area, although I understand this is a common problem. HTH.

As Joanna says, some useful info here.

There is also Genie Imaging in SW London for processing. Although I haven't used them, they've been recommended to me, and at £1.50/sheet (C41/E6), the prices look good.