Thread: Durst Vacuum Easel

wfwhitaker

Durst Vacuum Easel

Does anybody here have any experience using the Durst vacuum easel? Mine specifically is a Vazent. I'm having trouble getting vacuum to anywhere except the most central portion of the easel. There are what look like steel pins, flush with the easel, which are placed in a pattern radiating toward the two back corners and another line radiating to the left. I have not been able to determine the function of these pins. They appear to be more than simply locating or registration pins since they are plumbed into the vacuum line inside the easel itself. The easel is connected to a large Gast vacuum pump.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. No, I have not contacted Durst Pro USA yet; I thought I would ask here first.

Re: Durst Vacuum Easel

I have a Durst Gravacu. My conclusion was that original the easel was delivered with a set of hollow pins with closed top. These are to be placed at the edge of the paper you are to use. They will block the vacuum at that point. And are of aid allocating your papier. Of course, your paper will provide a barrier that the vacuum will spread.

wfwhitaker

Gary,

I've been suspecting something similar, but I haven't had a large enough piece of paper to try it. I wonder, too, if maybe the hollow pins extended above the table to provide registration for placing the paper in the dark. No hollow pins came with mine unfortunately, but they don't sound too high-tech to make.

but they don't sound too high-tech to make.
    No, I made them my self. Although it is hard to make them not to leak. Mine are indeed high enough to guide placing the paper.

wfwhitaker

Gary,

Can you be specific about how you constructed the pins and where you encountered problems? There's a dearth of information on the Vazent/Gravacu. I was beginning to think I was the only one in the world with one.