Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Italy with large format

Re: Italy with large format

Good looking pics. I'll be moving to Rome in September. Should be an interesting time.

Santo

Claudio Santambrogio

Fabulous work, Bruce - took me a while to explore the site, and the more I was looking around, the more fascinating work I found. Well done

Thank you, Daniele, sgelb, Turner, Santo, and csant, for taking the time to reply and comment. I appreciate your feedback!

Daniele - it must be nice to live amongst such exquisite beauty. Do you ever find a shortage of subjects there? I can't imagine even coming close in 5 lifetimes.

Turner - yep, my medium format rig easily weighs more than any of my large format kits (incl 8x10) not counting film holders. Unless I travel for the sole purpose of photography (and alone), I make compromises for portability.

Santo - have a great and fruitful time in Rome. So much to see and do. I've been a few times and can only say I've just made a small scratch in a very large surface. How long will you be there if I may ask?

Regards, Bruce

[QUOTE=Bruce G. Collier;466624]Thank you, Daniele, sgelb, Turner, Santo, and csant, for taking the time to reply and comment. I appreciate your feedback!

Daniele - it must be nice to live amongst such exquisite beauty. Do you ever find a shortage of subjects there? I can't imagine even coming close in 5 lifetimes.

Bruce- if you plan to come back in Venice let me know, I can show you something you'll never find in any tourist guide that will be surely worth a shot..

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce G. Collier View Post
    Thank you, Daniele, sgelb, Turner, Santo, and csant, for taking the time to reply and comment. I appreciate your feedback!

Turner - yep, my medium format rig easily weighs more than any of my large format kits (incl 8x10) not counting film holders. Unless I travel for the sole purpose of photography (and alone), I make compromises for portability.

Santo - have a great and fruitful time in Rome. So much to see and do. I've been a few times and can only say I've just made a small scratch in a very large surface. How long will you be there if I may ask?

Regards, Bruce
    Bruce,

My wife and I will be there for a year or so. Actually we are from the NW like you (Seattle) but live in NJ as she is finishing her Phd at Rutgers. Thats the main reason why we are heading over. Just picked up my new 4x5 and on tuesday I'm heading to B&H to look at a lens and a new Domke bag that will hold everything.

Santo

Quote Originally Posted by Daniele Minetto View Post
    Bruce- if you plan to come back in Venice let me know, I can show you something you'll never find in any tourist guide that will be surely worth a shot..
    I'm intrigued Daniele, where would that be ? I'll be in Venice a couple of times in the next month or so.

Ian

Daniele,
    I will be in Venice on Tuesday the 19th...

I too am interested in seeing what the tourists don't!

Randy

My wife and I will be in Venice for a week in late june. What should we see while there?
    Thanks,
    Steve
    www.scdowellphoto.com

Daniele, if you have an opening in your schedule I'd like to see what other tourists don't. If not, can you send me a photo instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniele Minetto View Post

Talk about opening Pandora's Box!

You may now be able to open a photo tour operation, behind the scenes views of Venice.