Thread: Fuji FP-100

Fuji FP-100

Hello.

I plan to shoot FP-100 on my Toyo View 45CF and am just waiting for the pack film holder to arrive in the mail.

I'm just starting out with large format.

Any recommendations for shooting the Fuji instant film?

Thank you.

Sal

Re: Fuji FP-100

Just follow manufacturers recommendations. It works, and works good. The only problem you would ever have is if you try to use it outside in very cold weather. The development may not happen fast enough to please you. Best to keep your film warm. But this is also true of all the discontinued Polaroid films.

slumry

The film, at least the B&W version, has a lot of contrast and it is difficult sometimes to get both the lows and high with good detail. Getting the exposure right is critical because it is not very forgiving. Once you nail it, the results can be very pleasing.

I have found with the FP-100c film to have a dry down issue. About 1/2 stop maybe more. Most photographers are not using the film for longevity but I am.

One thing to watch out with the colour version: Just peeled, it can have a fair colour shift which goes away in a while. So don't trust the colour right after peeling.

As stated above, it has limited DR and is finicky; although, really, it isn't finicky, you just get no second chance to tweak it. I really enjoy it though; it produces a very nice, one-shot print that appeals to me. And it is fun.

I've shot about 15 frames with the FP-100 and I really love it. The colors are vibrant and saturated.

Exposure needs to be right on and there isn't much latitude at all, but that makes it fun and challenging.

I shoot the film at iso 160 instead of 100: all shots with a studio strobe. My first shots were taken at iso 100 and they were over exposed. However, most meters are calibrated slightly differently so I needed to experiment for proper exposure.

Sal