Page 60 of 655 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160560 ... LastLast

Thread: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Re: X-ray Film example and comparison.

I've used green and I like the look.

Re: Images shot on X-ray film

Thanks to all your explanation. One more question, there are blue and green sensitive X-Ray films. Which is better in film photo, scenary and portrait?

Neither. They are both good. Same goes for architecture.

Do yourself a favor, Click on randy's link and read the whole thing. Start to finish.... "Preparation precedes confidence".... X-ray isn't "regular" film, the $$ you save will be spent in your time, skill and equipment needed (tanks, holders, etc)to use it effectively especially in larger formats.... unless you like it, or make use of it's unique charactaristics for carbon printing or gum or some other alternative process, you may find it all a waste of time & energy. It's no economic silver bullet and for most of us, will not replace a standard film like Ilford, etc... I'm in the middle of it now and having a blast... the fun part for me is worth it alone. Good luck.

Dupont Cronex mrf-33.

Does anyone know if Dupont Cronex mrf-33 xray film is still available,and where i can get it? Also, who is a supplier Fuji Super hr-t xray film?
    Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by imagedowser View Post
    Do yourself a favor, Click on randy's link and read the whole thing. Start to finish.... "Preparation precedes confidence".... X-ray isn't "regular" film, the $$ you save will be spent in your time, skill and equipment needed (tanks, holders, etc)to use it effectively especially in larger formats.... unless you like it, or make use of it's unique charactaristics for carbon printing or gum or some other alternative process, you may find it all a waste of time & energy. It's no economic silver bullet and for most of us, will not replace a standard film like Ilford, etc... I'm in the middle of it now and having a blast... the fun part for me is worth it alone. Good luck.
    Surely. I don't believe it will replace normal film. But maybe enjoying the process to get special effects. I've prepared for spending extra efforts now.

csxsonline provides the Fuji HR-T film.

Here is an example of a portrait on HR-T green-sensitive film. Excuse the light leak. I'm also NOT a portrait photographer, this was done on a whim.

Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Here are some portraits of my son's. All shot on Green sensitive x-ray film and printed in carbon transfer. One is natural light and the other is lit with my 2,000 watt Fresnel. Both of these were shot with my 14" Darlot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kevin-glass-2011-copy.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by imagedowser View Post
    Exactly, it's not a replacement, it's just another tool in the kit. Personally x-ray film has been a revelation for me. X-ray film allows me to take the photos that I want to take it certain situations. I still use regular film but I know now that when my visualization requires it I now have a new film at my disposal.