Page 462 of 655 FirstFirst ... 362412452460461462463464472512562 ... LastLast
Results 4,611 to 4,620 of 6546

Thread: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

Re: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

Hi axs, yes they look a little too distinct to be developing probs? I know on one of my films I had fine circular lines, like a Fresnel screen? But was usinga 10x12 wit no fesnel in sight? Could just be one of those things. I got sick of tray developing because of all the mottling. After months of drooling over sergei's results I got a drum developer, still get a few scratches but the difference is chalk and cheese in the outcome. Not saying its the answer for all, but it worked for me. Do you use photo paper or scan?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewch59 View Post
    Hi axs, yes they look a little too distinct to be developing probs? I know on one of my films I had fine circular lines, like a Fresnel screen? But was usinga 10x12 wit no fesnel in sight? Could just be one of those things. I got sick of tray developing because of all the mottling. After months of drooling over sergei's results I got a drum developer, still get a few scratches but the difference is chalk and cheese in the outcome. Not saying its the answer for all, but it worked for me. Do you use photo paper or scan?

I do both. Darkroom print and scan.

Yeah...I'm getting tempted to get a Jobo drum. I just feel nervous manually rolling it lol...and Jobo Processors are a bit out of my price range for now (but eventually I would like to pick one up)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img778A.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	160662
    Korona Camera (1932), Wollensak Optical Co, 8x10 f/8 High Grade Symmetrical Brass Lens Pat 1900-1901, AGFA X-ray, Blue film, R09, 10min, contact print on Ilford MGIV RC DE Luxe pearl paper,

Through buying old darkroom lots I have managed to pickup two old electric rollers, then bought the mod54 and modified it a bit. Try Sergei's site, http://sergeirodionov.com/x-ray-film-photography/ I follow his technique to the letter and have had great results. Though I developed a couple of sheets last night, it was 35 degrees (95f) at 9 pm, so the developer would have been a little more active then normal. There were some very distinct flow marks visible.

Quote Originally Posted by DeKlari View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img778A.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	160662
    Korona Camera (1932), Wollensak Optical Co, 8x10 f/8 High Grade Symmetrical Brass Lens Pat 1900-1901, AGFA X-ray, Blue film, R09, 10min, contact print on Ilford MGIV RC DE Luxe pearl paper,
    Subject matter is pretty awesome!

Subject matter is pretty awesome![/QUOTE]

thanks I have one more:

OK gurus, what about DeKlari's processing caused the density variations in the sky? I'm assuming that it has something to do with agitation. Too much? Too little?

Too little agitation is the most likely cause. I find that with tray development, xray film requires constant (gentle) agitation and frequently turning the film over so that both sides receive equal and even development. I rock the tray gently sideways 4 or 5 times, then flip the sheet over and keep doing that until it's done.

Also, by the look of those images and particularly the second one, I wouldn't be surprised if he used a ribbed tray. Any unevenness on the bottom of the tray will result in uneven development and/or scratches.

Yes, tray cause this. I try to constant agitation but still get this density. I guess my tray too small, not much room for film moving during developing.

And yes I have used a ribbed tray. Thanks for help. I will try to fix this issues in the future.