Page 418 of 655 FirstFirst ... 318368408416417418419420428468518 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,180 of 6546

Thread: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

Re: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

Thodoris, thanks but no thanks. If I did my math right that's approximately 7 and 5/64ths by 9 and 7/16ths. I don't think that's going to fit in an 8x10 unless you use tape. You are right, that's an odd one on this side of the atlantic anyway. sort of close to whole plate, sort of close to 8x10, but I've about a lifetime of projects as it is. The shipping cost from cyprus is silly. If I can't get ektascan or whatever I will look into a US source.

Quote Originally Posted by Fr. Mark View Post
    Thodoris, thanks but no thanks. If I did my math right that's approximately 7 and 5/64ths by 9 and 7/16ths. I don't think that's going to fit in an 8x10 unless you use tape. You are right, that's an odd one on this side of the atlantic anyway. sort of close to whole plate, sort of close to 8x10, but I've about a lifetime of projects as it is. The shipping cost from cyprus is silly. If I can't get ektascan or whatever I will look into a US source.
    I searched yesterday for the Agfa film - it is not available unless you find some NOS at some distributors. Ektascan works beautifully and is available from ZZ Medical.

I am using Ektascan B/RA from ZZ Medical. After a bit of a hiatus, recently I've been through 11 5x7's cut from 8x10. I like it and when everything works I'm impressed with it. The everything is me not the film.

That said, Has anyone else seen pinholes in the emulsion? There are sometimes what seem like blank spots. Tiny, not visible to naked eye unless maybe in a densely developed area.

The interest in the Agfa is mainly to have a different source just in case. Single sided with anti halation is not a common thing with X-ray films.

Re: Images shot on X-ray film

Quote Originally Posted by photoevangelist View Post
    Breathtaking! I'm speechless.

Speaking of non-standard dilutions for Rodinal. I came across some notes from when I was a photography student that are over 15 years old. My professor taught us that Rodinal 1:100 was multi-purpose, and 1:31 was high-acutance. Curious where he got the dilution 1:31. 1:25, 1:50, and 1:100, I've noticed, are the most popular. (Not meaning to get off topic too much here).
    Sergei's work is always breath-taking... And the photos are good too.
    --- Steve from Missouri ---

Is Carestream EB/RA UV sensitive? I've been looking at picking up a pair of filters (one for UV, one to block IR) for UV photography. I like shooting X-ray for the cost. It would be convenient if I could continue to do so for UV photography.

I found this:http://spectrumxray.com/sites/defaul...Ektascan-B.pdf

The graph starts awfully high at 400nm, and I'm thinking it might be sensitive to near UV. Can't be sure, as the graph only starts at 400nm. Would it be weird to email Kodak and ask? Is this film still produced by them, or on license by someone else?

I'd say it is uv sensitive, just like most films.

That said, Has anyone else seen pinholes in the emulsion?
    Yes, I have noticed this when I scanned a negative in. Pretty ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter J. De Smidt View Post
    I take the wet negative from the Jobo Expert drum, and place the keeper side of the negative on a glass plate. No tape is needed. (I have a 1/4" thick 2ft x 2ft piece of glass in my darkroom sink. The bottom rests in the sink, and the top rests against the wall. I normally use it for viewing wet prints.) I have a hose of tempered water running. Dip a cotton towel, brush ... in Clorox diluted 1:1. Dab on the negative in the middle of the negative and swirl a bit. Run a stream of water from the hose over the negative. Dip brush in some more bleach. Repeat, working out to the edges. It really isn't that hard. Practice on a spare negative. I only needed one after listening to Corran's advice.
    Wow! 203 pages in and finally someone makes it clear, thanks Peter.

In case anyone is curious this post is from July of 2013 and I'm still not quite half way through. I'm sorry now I didn't start summarizing all the tips from the start, would have made a great reference. Learning a lot from this thread.
    --- Steve from Missouri ---

Maybe tomorrow I can put my summary file where it can be seen. It's not perfect, but might help. It's too long to post.

I was hoping pinholes in my Ektascan B/RA was just my batch. I'm still fairly new at all this, I take it pinholes are not a common problem with other X-Ray films or Ilford's or Kodak's usual picture taking films? Or maybe Andrew and I both got bad samples? I have 17 sheets of 8x10 left and about 30 5x7's I cut then I'm out but that could last me a long time. I'd started to think about ordering more.