Page 147 of 655 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247647 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 6546

Thread: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

Re: Images shot on X-ray film

I make guides of matte board and tape them in place. I cut one way, put it away, make a new guide and cut the rest. I find a chopper blade works for me with a presser-down-ruler. one at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffay View Post
    Any tips on cutting x-ray film? I am finding it so hard to cut it to the right size even in safelight.
    Tin Can

Randy - hey.. if you dont need them - send them here I still need to fix #4, and keep looking for #5..

Very funny Sergei! My 4's work fine, but those 5's are being stubborn, particularly when trying to run them with a timer. What I really need to do is stop taking pics of myself, very boring! And tedious.

To make matters worse my good Cobal 3 is acting up.

Quote Originally Posted by SergeiR View Post
    Randy - hey.. if you dont need them - send them here I still need to fix #4, and keep looking for #5..
    Tin Can

Randy, could you describe your ziplock bag procedure? I can't understand why it's not working for you.

Thanks for your concern. I am getting a lot of scratches with X-Ray no matter how I do it. Crappy hands are half the problem. Last night, as a test, I processed a 5X7 FP4 neg in my usual gallon Ziploc and it came out great.

As I understand it, x-ray film does not have the built in hardeners that most normal film has. I would like to try adding a hardener to the x-ray process when I figure out what and when to use.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    Randy, could you describe your ziplock bag procedure? I can't understand why it's not working for you.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Raffay View Post
    Any tips on cutting x-ray film? I am finding it so hard to cut it to the right size even in safelight.
    Raffay......
    Here's what I did. I took a piece of my 12x20 FP4 to my friend who has a tool & die shop. He cut a piece of stainless the exact size, beveled the edges, and smoothed all surfaces. It matched perfectly. I then take 14x36 x-ray film, put a piece of 20# bond paper on that piece, and put the stainless piece on the paper and use a utility knife to cut along the edges of the stainless piece. Out comes my 12x20 piece of x-ray and I also get a piece of 11x14 from the leftover piece. BTW, the stainless is 60/1000 thick.

Kodak CSG. Yellow-green filter, exposed @ 125 - bright sunny day with some clouds, Rodinal 1+100: 8 minutes (cont agitation - Unidrum).

10x4

Scan-130505-0005www by Sergei Rodionov, on Flickr

You do what you want Sergei, but I want you to stick to shooting your wonderful lady friends, after those images, landscapes pale in comparison.

How are you doing 4X10? With dividers, cut down dark slide or dedicated camera? Maybe there is another way...

I do like the sky in this image!

[QUOTE=SergeiR;1023065]Kodak CSG. Yellow-green filter, exposed @ 125 - bright sunny day with some clouds, Rodinal 1+100: 8 minutes (cont agitation - Unidrum).

10x4
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    You do what you want Sergei, but I want you to stick to shooting your wonderful lady friends, after those images, landscapes pale in comparison.

How are you doing 4X10? With dividers, cut down dark slide or dedicated camera? Maybe there is another way...

I do like the sky in this image!

10x4
    well.. most of girls are busy this weekend and i got some digital ones to process and other things to do.. so it was just me , wondering the shore..
    I got divider. Cheapo way into format, and you can get 4 images on same 2 sheets without much trouble.

And no babes, came along to carry your camera...

I was out with Mamiya C33 TLR today and I got strange looks...

Quote Originally Posted by SergeiR View Post
    well.. most of girls are busy this weekend and i got some digital ones to process and other things to do.. so it was just me , wondering the shore..
    I got divider. Cheapo way into format, and you can get 4 images on same 2 sheets without much trouble.
    Tin Can