Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Photograph your JOBO motor for me please?

Photograph your JOBO motor for me please?

I have an early model JOBO CPP-2 Processor that I rely on. Like others, I recently switched to using the expert tanks and the motor just can't handle it. I want to upgrade the motor (and whatever else needs upgrading). When I google for potential solutions, I read that the upgraded motor may be a Mercedes-Benz or BMW windshield wiper motor. Is there anyone out there that has upgraded to ver.3 on the CPP-2 that can provide an image of what that motor looks like and maybe any specs or tags on it to help identify a source?? I would be willing to do some running around and post my findings so others might benefit. Or maybe a simpler question would be whether anyone knows where parts might be hiding. I have tried to contact JOBO US but nobody appears to be home. Any other suggestions?
    Thanks
    Tom Keenan

Re: Photograph your JOBO motor for me please?

Service and support for Jobo processors is now handled by Omega-Satter. Jobo USA deals with digital products only now.

Gray Matter Images

Tom, Unfortunetly you need to update the circuit board as well as the motor. Here is a link to the Jobo page.http://www.jobo.com/jobo_service_ana...etins/b019.htm
    I agree with you on the motor. It looks like a wiper motor to me.
    I dream in color and see in black and white.
    http://www.graymatterimages.com

Thanks. That suggests that JOBO would charge me $700-$800 for the parts to upgrade. Hmm... I have a call in to Omega Satter.
    Tom Keenan

If you call on a Friday I am usually not there. What I tell people is that I need the serial number to guess how much it will cost for me to do the upgrade. At one point Jobo was supplying me the pre made circuit boards now that is no longer the case. So I must remove and install new components as needed. Sometimes the cost is more and sometimes its less depending on the age of the machine. The new motor as sold is about $408.00 You can't just slap a new motor into the machine if the serial is below 22,000....or you will burn up other stuff within the circuitry.

Your serial number is found on the silver tag on the back of the machine and starts with "NR"

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Keenan View Post
    Thanks. That suggests that JOBO would charge me $700-$800 for the parts to upgrade. Hmm... I have a call in to Omega Satter.
    Tom Keenan

Greg:
    Thanks for responding to this thread. My serial #10328. Was there a photo lab on the Mayflower?
    Tom Keenan

This machine is going cost you more to upgrade than you could probably find one for newer on Ebay.

Greg:
    Thanks for responding to this thread. My serial #10328. Was there a photo lab on the Mayflower?
    Tom Keenan

Greg:
    Tom Keenan
    Take heart: The CPP-2 I picked up last week is #1177! There is a recent thread at APUG where one poster has mentioned having an even earlier unit that is still working even with use of expert drums.

If you do find a source, would you please share it? I have the same worry actually and it would be great to not have to be as concerned about it.

I have a CPA2 #11338 that I use with a Jobo 3005 Exper Drum without any problems.