Page 440 of 696 FirstFirst ... 340390430438439440441442450490540 ... LastLast
Results 4,391 to 4,400 of 6958

Thread: What did you compose at Waters Edge?

Re: What did you compose at Waters Edge?

Quote Originally Posted by nathan potter View Post
    jason, very nice soft focus image. Here is a sharp focus image from schoodic point maine showing the glacier polished bedrock the the end of the point. My technikardan 45 with a 75 mm nikon. F/45 using three velvia 100f chromes. Oct. 2, 2012.

4510-2-12-5_h)acf[t2 by hypolimnas, on flickr

nate potter, austin tx.
    oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Potter View Post
    Jason, very nice soft focus image. Here is a sharp focus image from Schoodic Point Maine showing the glacier polished bedrock the the end of the point. My Technikardan 45 with a 75 mm Nikon. f/45 using three Velvia 100F chromes. Oct. 2, 2012.

4510-2-12-5_H)ACF[t2 by hypolimnas, on Flickr

Nate Potter, Austin TX.
    When you say "three stacked chromes" do you mean that you scan each of them into the computer and then used Photoshop to HDR them? Or that you shot them each overexposed so that when stacked together with the registry you could get the proper exposure and an HDR look?

Jason, very nice soft focus image. Here is a sharp focus image from Schoodic Point Maine showing the glacier polished bedrock the the end of the point. My Technikardan 45 with a 75 mm Nikon. f/45 using three Velvia 100F chromes. Oct. 2, 2012.

4510-2-12-5_H)ACF[t2 by hypolimnas, on Flickr

Nate Potter, Austin TX.
    Well done for a chrome. I gotta get over there sometime. Just two hours away, but I have plenty to shoot nearby and don't make it over that way often.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    When you say "three stacked chromes" do you mean that you scan each of them into the computer and then used Photoshop to HDR them? Or that you shot them each overexposed so that when stacked together with the registry you could get the proper exposure and an HDR look?
    Stone, the three chromes here were exposed at -2 / on / +2 ev using Quickloads in 3 fuji holders.
    Really fast sequence of film holder change to minimize the cloud movement. The three chromes were scanned with an Epson V750 then put in an HDR software package. Probably Photomatix but I'd have to check because I've been trying other HDR software also. This version is a bit too overdone to suit me but I do like the drama. Even at the bracketing used I've lost highlight detail in the sky but increased the DR of the equivalent to about 8 stops. Been fiddling more with this technique lately in an attempt to avoid going to negative film. Seems to have a lot of potential for static scenes but of course is costly. $15 for three Quickloads and $ 6 for three developments so $21 or so for one image.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

Stone, the three chromes here were exposed at -2 / on / +2 ev using Quickloads in 3 fuji holders.
    Really fast sequence of film holder change to minimize the cloud movement. The three chromes were scanned with an Epson V750 then put in an HDR software package. Probably Photomatix but I'd have to check because I've been trying other HDR software also. This version is a bit too overdone to suit me but I do like the drama. Even at the bracketing used I've lost highlight detail in the sky but increased the DR of the equivalent to about 8 stops. Been fiddling more with this technique lately in an attempt to avoid going to negative film. Seems to have a lot of potential for static scenes but of course is costly. $15 for three Quickloads and $ 6 for three developments so $21 or so for one image.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.
    Thanks, that's awesome! Even more costly for me at $20/8x10 sheet... Hah! Thanks for sharing.

fiddling more with this technique lately in an attempt to avoid going to negative film.
    Ektar 100 is pretty nice for a negative film if you want the dynamic range and pseudo-slide colors.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

Interesting experiment and one expensive image!

My only thought is how would an image using a 4 stop ND filter properly placed (Lee filter system for instance) with PS and Photomatix in post compare?

PDM

Nate,

A slight correction of your image description. The rock is igneous granite with basalt (uplifted), and was polished by wave action. The basalt is softer, and is easily eroded leaving gaps between the granite. During storms the waves will come all the way up to the parking lot. About 5 years ago a young woman standing neer the water was swept off her feet by a rouge wave and drowned (on a nice sunny summer day) You probably noticed the deep chasms between granite tables, that is where there was basalt. This is how Thunder Hole formed on the coast directly opposite from where you were standing.

Very nice image. It is very hard to organize a photograph at that point.

Mike

I wonder, given PERFECT registration, how the image would look on a light table if exposed with plans to stack it, what would that be, -3, -1, +1 or something like that? Would that even work out?