Page 670 of 697 FirstFirst ... 170570620660668669670671672680 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,700 of 6966

Thread: What did you compose at Waters Edge?

multiplex

Re: What did you compose at Waters Edge?

this is from a series I did collaborating with a local peninsula .. it's a print made using a 5x7 glass image. the plate is made with locally made light reactive salts and materials / the environment. the paper print is on silver chloride paper made with locally sourced ingredients as well. it would go well with fava beans and a f-f-f-ff nice chianti ..
    Last edited by jnantz; 14-Nov-2022 at 08:09.

This is Amicalola Falls which is just down the road from me. Though I go to the park all the time I rarely take photos of the falls themselves. There is a bridge just in front of the falls and other than that there is not much of a viewpoint. I've made a couple of ultrawide images there to try to get the size of the falls to come through, and this weekend after all the rain from the hurricane I decided to try again. This one is with the 47mm XL lens. Tomorrow I should be scanning a different image from my 35mm fisheye.

Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Jnantz—I trust no census takers were harmed during/through the process.. At any rate evocative results—no doubt beyond my technical abilities, but I’d be interested in the basic details.

multiplex

Quote Originally Posted by CreationBear View Post
    Jnantz—I trust no census takers were harmed during/through the process.. At any rate evocative results—no doubt beyond my technical abilities, but I’d be interested in the basic details.
    . nope they were just fine

the image is from a glass cyanotype ( made with sea water ) of materials found on the peninsula (photogram/rayogram) ... after I rinsed it .. I made an unprocessed sun print/contact print with the glass negative on silver chloride photo paper made with the same salt water (the nearby bay). It was using sea water emulsion (mr patten's recipe at the light farm, easy to make (20 mins) 3 ingredients, salt water, silver, gelatin). the only difference between his recipe and mine is mine is "unwashed".. and in this case I didn't develop or fix it so the image is kind of ephemeral.

it's a pretty easy process, the hardest part is waiting for the sun and light sensitive stuff to do their magic

thanks for your interest!
    John

Fascinating, bet there’s a grant waiting for you to go on tour and do the sand mandala thing.

Had a tough time focusing with my Fujinon 90mm f8 with not much light. I should look into getting a 6.8 or 5.6 lens because I find myself primarily using my 90mm for waterfalls and usually in low light situations. First time using FPP's 110 developer with dilution B, it seemed to work fine. Haven't yet used HC-110 for comparison. Toyo 45AII on FP4+ at 12 seconds.

Taylor Creek Falls
    by Kevin Pihlaja, on Flickr

multiplex

Quote Originally Posted by CreationBear View Post
    Fascinating, bet there’s a grant waiting for you to go on tour and do the sand mandala thing.

hope so !

Quote Originally Posted by kevinjp View Post
    Had a tough time focusing with my Fujinon 90mm f8 with not much light. I should look into getting a 6.8 or 5.6 lens because I find myself primarily using my 90mm for waterfalls and usually in low light situations. First time using FPP's 110 developer with dilution B, it seemed to work fine. Haven't yet used HC-110 for comparison. Toyo 45AII on FP4+ at 12 seconds.

Taylor Creek Falls
    by Kevin Pihlaja, on Flickr
    Fantastic! You found a great swirl. I like the composition here and the light coming through the background/water.

One more, from the 35mm fisheye:

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Fantastic! You found a great swirl. I like the composition here and the light coming through the background/water.
    Thanks Bryan. I took a vertical composition also, but I like the little feeder creek on the left side.