Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carbon Workshop – Yosemite – April 14-18

Carbon Workshop – Yosemite – April 14-18

Just a reminder, if you’re interested in this workshop, Yosemite will guarantee a housing slot (Yosemite’s Lodge at the Falls) if you reserve a spot in the workshop before this coming Thursday at midnight (Feb. 26.)

Per the AA Gallery’s info the workshop will include:
    - making prints using carbon tissue pre-made by the instructor [Vaughn Hutchins], but will quickly move to making their own custom carbon tissue which best matches their negatives and images.
    - the opportunity to photograph in Yosemite Valley during instructor led field sessions and be able to process the film exposed that day specifically for carbon printing.
    - for those without a large format camera who wish to experiment with using one, two 5x7 view cameras will be available for use during the field sessions. For those without large format or digital negatives, film will be supplied to work with.
    For full details go to:
    http://www.anseladams.com/index.asp?...OD&ProdID=2263

Re: Carbon Workshop – Yosemite – April 14-18

I'd kill to go...just need to figure out who to kill.
    I've got my gear, now what?

Photography Blog

Cool Re: Carbon Workshop – Yosemite – April 14-18

Quote Originally Posted by dazedgonebye View Post
    I'd kill to go...just need to figure out who to kill.
    LMAO! I know. I know. The Keeper of the Purse Strings at my house.

Just kidding. I hope Vaughn teaches this workshop long enough for me to get there.
    Wayne
    Deep in the darkest heart of the North Carolina rainforest.

Wayne's Blog

FlickrMyBookFaceTwitSpacei

Landscape/Still Life

I am going to be there can't wait but camping is an issue for me.... no spaces available and the lodge is way to expensive...

Good luck and that's good information for the future. I guess you can reserve camping space?
    Wayne
    Deep in the darkest heart of the North Carolina rainforest.

Wayne's Blog

FlickrMyBookFaceTwitSpacei

Landscape/Still Life

All campsites within the park are full only thing open is walk-in camp and thats a long shot as it is...

Hodgdon Meadows campground has spaces available, it is not in valley though, it is at the hwy 120 entrance to yosemite, about 45 min from the valley. I've sometimes gotten camping sites, a week before I go. A few people cancel in time to get some of their money back.

Wayne, the AA Gallery and I plan on making this workshop an annual adventure...we'll see if demand meets our expectations. So far I have people signed up from the ends of the country -- from Florida and Hawaii. My ego would like to think that these folks are coming all this way just for me...but the reality of it is --- who could pass up any workshop in a place like Yosemite?! Especially in the Spring!

In 1992 I taught myself carbon printing from a magazine article. It is not all that complicated of a process...as far as alternative processes go. And in my biased opinion, it is one of the most beautiful ones, as well as one of the cheapest and most permanent.

It took me two years to start producing prints I was proud of. This was before the internet took off and became the source of information it is today...so there was no one locally and no one on-line to ask questions and to help me figure out what I was doing wrong (or right!). So this workshop will give the participants a giant jump start on the process, and they will go home with prints, knowledge and experience to shape this process into their personal mode of expression.

Hope to see you some year in the future!

Vaughn

Ted...arriving on a Monday, I am optimistic that you'll find a spot to camp...but I will still keep my fingers crossed!

Landscape/Still Life

I will even share a site don't care as long as at the end of the night my dreams will be only of the carbon process... oh and of course sleeping under the stars... i will bring the smores lol

I have sent a request to Sara at the AA Gallery to see if they can guarantee some campsites or priority on the waiting list. I'll let y'all know what I hear back.

If you are attending this workshop or would like to attend this workshop and sharing a room would make it easier ... please PM me ... we have some people who really, really want to do this but lodging could be an issue for them.

If you're in the same position as Ted ... will or would like to attend but need to do the camping option, please PM me so we can let the staff at Yosemite know how many people are in that situation and maybe we can get some guaranteed campsites.