Thread: Mark Ruwedel at Yossi Milo Gallery in NYC

Mark Ruwedel at Yossi Milo Gallery in NYC

LF junkies should run to see this amazing show that just went up on a body of work Mark Ruwedel did titled, 'Westward the Course of Empire' where he photographed along old torn down railways that once represented this country's westward expansion. Subtle, beautiful, and very smart photography that is pretty relevant to our current economic crumble. Here is the press release http://www.yossimilo.com/exhibitions/2009_02-mark_ruwe/

Each 8x10 gelatin silver print is an enlargement from a 4x5 neg onto various unique pieces of photographic papers. Some are even vintage papers that he has obtained or saved. A beautiful book was published by Yale University Art Gallery as well and it was printed by Meridian Printing in RI. It's an edition of 3,000 and said to not be published every again once it sells out.

Nelson

Re: Mark Ruwedel at Yossi Milo Gallery in NYC

I saw this show at the Luisotti gallery in Santa Monica. It opened on the same evening as the Ray McSavaney show. I am sure the conceptual underpinnings behind Ruwedel's photography are interesting, but I found the tonal quality of the images did not compare very favorably to Ray's images.