Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: First rate E6 and C41 labs in USA?

Re: First rate E6 and C41 labs in USA?

I send all my E-6 to Calypso. I'm looking for a new C-41 lab though. Am considering A&I....will be watching this thread for more recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Michael View Post
    Who do you use for E6 and C41 processing? Looking for consistently high quality lab where they actually run control strips, manage their processes, clean their equipment, change water and air filters, etc.
    J. W. Photo Labs in Raleigh has you covered for all your requirements. They do run their control strips and conform to the Kodak Q lab program. They keep it all clean, replenished, all that. They've been doing my 5x4 c-41 work for years and I can testify that they are consistently right on the money. They are also considerate (they keep their film clips out of the image area and they don't crimp the corners of my 5x4 sheets). Good people, easy to work with. I should add that their staff turnover is amazingly low so it seems they are treating their people well too -- very important in a pro lab.

J. W. is still doing several runs a day of c-41. I don't use any E-6 at all but I hear they are still making several runs a day of E-6 as well. All sizes up to 10x8, maybe larger.

They also do optical enlarging still, at least up to 5x4. They of course have the obligatory LightJet printer as well and will give you their ICC profiles when requested. IIRC they build new ICC profiles for every paper batch.

All this and just one day UPS ground from Atlanta.

Bruce Watson

Preston Birdwell

Brad,

I've used A&I for a long time. I find their service to be top notch all the way around for E-6, with equal care given to C-41 processing. Highly recommended.

-Preston
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    Brad,

I've used A&I for a long time. I find their service to be top notch all the way around for E-6, with equal care given to C-41 processing. Highly recommended.

-Preston
    Thanks Preston. That's good to know.

Bruce, thank you for the nice write up on JWPL.

While living in NYC I used several different labs. At this point I send everything to Edgar Praus in Rochester. His service is exceeded only by his superlative work.

Praus Productions - 585 442 4820

falth j

Located in the Michigan, for excellent E6 processing contact Mike Lussier www.agximaging.com, he is helpful, friendly, and provides good service...

TPI in Fairfield, NJ

Chromatics in Nashville, TN

www.chromatics.com

traveling the continent in a vintage airstream

I think color services in Needham Mass is the best.
    The owner is a heck of a nice guy and he activley promotes artists threough his web site and the gallery at the lab.
    Give them a ry!