Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linhof Aero technika + aero-rolex + objectives

Linhof Aero technika + aero-rolex + objectives

I inhereted the camera of my husband, who was a Dutch aerial photographer. Can somebody give me any information about it and what it's worth? I'm thinking about selling it.
    Thanks!

Specs:
    Linhof Camera;
    Aero-Rolex 4x5 in;

Objectives:
    Super-Angulon 5.6 / 90
    Apo-Symar 5.6 / 180
    Tele-Arton 5.6 / 250

Re: Linhof Aero technika + aero-rolex + objectives

Quote Originally Posted by J.W. Haverkort View Post
    I inhereted the camera of my husband, who was a Dutch aerial photographer. Can somebody give me any information about it and what it's worth? I'm thinking about selling it.
    Thanks!

Specs:
    Linhof Camera;
    Aero-Rolex 4x5 in;

Objectives:
    Super-Angulon 5.6 / 90
    Apo-Symar 5.6 / 180
    Tele-Arton 5.6 / 250
    What is the serial number of the camera? That will tell us if it is the later electric model or not. Is the back the vacuum back?

If it is an electric model there should also be cords and possibly a battery pack and charger. Is there?

The serial nr of the camera is: 6565029
    The aero-rolex has a vacuum back. There is also a serial nr: B721054.
    I also found a recharcher, but I'm not sure if it matches the Linhof stuff.
    Tonight I will try to put some pictures on the internet.
    Thanks!

The serial nr of the camera is: 6565029
    The aero-rolex has a vacuum back. There is also a serial nr: B721054.
    I also found a recharcher, but I'm not sure if it matches the Linhof stuff.
    Tonight I will try to put some pictures on the internet.
    Thanks!
    You have the last version and the most valuable one of the series. This is the camera NASA used on the Space Shuttle and that back is the one the USA National Archives used on their Master Technica cameras to archive their old documents.

New, when still made, your outfit would have sold for the better part of $40,00 to $50,000.00 US.

Used it still has a lot of value if you can find the right buyer. If you can't it doesn't hold that much value due to weight, size and the need for 126mm roll film on NATO modified 50' film spools.

The battery pack and charger are 24V for this camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon - HP Marketing View Post
    Used it still has a lot of value if you can find the right buyer. If you can't it doesn't hold that much value due to weight, size and the need for 126mm roll film on NATO modified 50' film spools.
    In a perfect state, it might appeal to collectors, and a standalone with battery/vacuum pack might appeal to a few large format enthusiasts. But if it has traces of use and a on-board voltage supply, that would limit the potential market to the very few, if any, remaining aerial film camera operators with a plane beyond ultralights and oldtimers.

Sevo

Quote Originally Posted by Sevo View Post
    In a perfect state, it might appeal to collectors, and a standalone with battery/vacuum pack might appeal to a few large format enthusiasts. But if it has traces of use and a on-board voltage supply, that would limit the potential market to the very few, if any, remaining aerial film camera operators with a plane beyond ultralights and oldtimers.

Sevo
    Cable and a plug are available for direct power from the aircraft if required.

Thanks, I am very imressed.
    Bob, I assume that you mean that these type of camera / back were used in de Space shuttle and the nat. USA archives?

I remember my husband (Peter van Bolhuis) was really proud at his equipment! He used the camera for high quality aerial photographs. The camera was completely checked and maintained very well. The camera is used, but not damaged. Since august 2005 this camera is safely stored and not been used.

I think it is only possible to sell this camera on an international market (I live in the Netherlands)? Can someone give me some advice... contact persons... or help?

Here is a link tot a pdf with some pictures of the camera:
    http://www.pandion.nl/cameras/camera.htm

Thanks!
    That is very impressive... I assume that you mean that this type of camera / back was used in the space shuttle and nat. archives, and not specific this one?
    I remember that my husband (Peter van Bolhuis) was very proud at his equipment!
    The camera was used to make high quality aerial photographs. It was completally checked and well maintained. Since august 2005 it is safely stored and not been used.

I think this camera should be sold at the international market (I live in the Netherlands)? Can someone give me some advice... contacts ... help with that?

Here some pictures of the camera:

Thanks!

I think this camera should be sold at the international market (I live in the Netherlands)? Can someone give me some advice... contacts ... help with that?

One option, more geared towards the collectors market, are photographic auction houses like Westlicht in Vienna: http://www.westlicht-auction.com/ind...f&lang=default

They usually have a Linhof section in their auctions, and since they list all the previous auctions on the web site, you could check them for an idea.

I am not affiliated with them at all, just a two-time customer.

Yesterday I found an other Aero-rolex with the serial nr 6281053. It's also a vacuum one. And a Linhof back for mid-format negatives (6x7 cm).
    Thanks so far!