Just a little history about me if anybody is interested. I've been a professional potrait photographer since 1995 in western Nebraska. I started with film of course in those days with a Mamiya M645 then onto a RB67 until 2004 when I went digital with a Minolta 7D (loved that camera), then switched to Nikon because Minolta sold to Sony and I couldn't wait for them. Started with a D200 then went with the D3 last year. Started in large format years ago with a Calumet Cadet, which I still have. Just recently bought a Shen-Hao 4x5 and a Deardorff 8x10.

I always had a darkroom and that is how I started down the potrait photographer path. Did all the b&w darkroom work for my aunt when my uncle (who was a local photographer for years) past away in 1994. In 2000 I sold my studio building and bought one of my competitors studio which had been around for over 50 years (oh the wonderful smell of old studios, memories) which had a full color darkroom with a Sitte 32"color processor. Still have, anybody interested in one of those? Anyway torn down the darkroom out of my studio 2 years ago to make room for a computer production room. Kept most of my darkroom equipment and the stuff I sold I bought back from the person I sold it to. Now trying to build another darkroom somewhere else in the studio. Right now just developing my film in a Jobo CPA until I can move my R/C plane (another one of my many hobbies) stuff out and make it a darkroom.

Times I feel it was easier when I used film instead of now with digital. One example, when photographing weddings back in the film days I spent around 5-6 hrs. photographing the day and shot 100-150 images then sent the film of to the lab. Now with digital it is 8-12 hrs. of photographing and 500 images, which now of course I have to spend countless hours in front of a monitor editing and processing. That is why I dropped weddings this year.

That is pretty much my story. Mostly shooting LF for pleasure with maybe a few portraits mixed in for the hell of it. Glad to be back in the dark.