Thread: Post your (LF) trains!

Re: Post your trains!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	071-train765.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	99178
    Crown Graphic with a 135mm

This is the 765 that went through Ohio and some of PA in May and June. It's a little fuzzy from movement, though. 1/125 wasn't fast enough.

retrogrouchy

Oh hey; a trains thread! Didnae see this before. Love the first two from drew.saunders and the latest post from Denise.

Here are some I shot in a rail scrap-yard where a bunch of disused cars & bogeys were stored prior to being scrapped:

All are 4x5 Fomapan 100, Toyo 45A and probably all a 150mm Nikkor-W. These were basically my second outing with the 4x5 ever, having a play with movements.

Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    Oh hey; a trains thread! Didnae see this before. Love the first two from drew.saunders and the latest post from Denise.

All are 4x5 Fomapan 100, Toyo 45A and probably all a 150mm Nikkor-W. These were basically my second outing with the 4x5 ever, having a play with movements.
    I really like them.

It seems a good place to spend a whole day with a LF camera!

(Mine were taken near São Paulo, in Jundiaí city. There is a museum in one of the old buildings that housed the "Paulista" Railway offices and garages. The yard is full of old and rusted train engines, and there is another building, in ruins, with lots of engines, coaches... I kind of "invaded" that building with my Rolleiflex and took some pictures, too...)

Some railroadscapes I shot from my trip to Chicago back in April

These are 4x10s on 8x10 with split darkslide

4x5

runs a monkey grinder Steve M Hostetter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnmsanderson View Post
    Some railroadscapes I shot from my trip to Chicago back in April

These are 4x10s on 8x10 with split darkslide

4x5

Hi John,,, I like the second one especially in that format but the last one I knew right away I liked it best, partly for the frame filling aspect but also the starkness it provokes
    Last edited by Steve M Hostetter; 30-Jul-2013 at 16:45.

Here is a shot from "Hill 582" on Cajon Pass in Southern California, 4 tracks! No waiting, Both Union Pacific and Burlington Northern Santa Fe use Cajon Pass on one of the most busy rail routes in the country.

Hill 582 is a memorial to great railroad men of the past such as Chard Walker and others, Hill 582 is lovingly maintained by Don Tolls who trucks in water twice a week for all the trees and decorative shrubery in this fine Railroad Oasis.

The first shot is taken with one of my "Alpenhause" 110B 4x5 rangefinder cameras on Fuji FP-100C45 instant film, this camera lends itself well for railroad photography being a hand held rangefinder camera.

Hill 582 is fabulous for using long telephoto lenses and is great to camp, BBQ, and drink beer along with grooving with all the other rail enthusiests that come and go all day and night, I have met a lot of great people from all over the world here.

The last shot is me with my Rattle Snake skin Alpenhause Polaroid 110B 4x5 camera at Hill 582
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fuji4x5Hill582.jpg   Don Tolls copy.jpg   P1040195 copyB.jpg   DSIR4346.JPG  

Thanks Steve!

Alpen -- I need to make it out west... sick of the rust belt and northeast... lovely work/history

I have an Australian made 617 format 120 film camera it is an "Obsession 617" built by Dean Jones "Razzle" in Melbourne.

Here are shots taken at the world famous Tehachapi Loop and surrounding areas, The Union Pacific does not like railfans and will run you off if you are on their property and can have you arrested if they feel like it, lots of these photos were taken at risk. There are however still some great places to camp such as Caliente and the roadway overlooking the Loop has spots off RR property to camp and hang out.

The BNSF is by and far the biggest user of the Tehachapi line and then you see the host's UP trains mixed in.

Shot on Agfa RSXII 100 slide film in 120, 90mm f8 Fujinon lens.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tunnel 2 Eastbound.jpg   Tunnel 4 West.jpg   Tunnel 2 south.jpg   Tunnel 4 East.jpg  

More of Tehachapi... Wish I had better scans.... the original transparancies look killer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Loop#2.jpg   Bealville-wesbound.jpg   GE4052-Bealville.jpg  

Elevator by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr