Page 1153 of 1716 FirstFirst ... 153653105311031143115111521153115411551163120312531653 ... LastLast
Results 11,521 to 11,530 of 17157

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Mohammad Reza Alvandi ALVANDI Camera's Avatar

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Iran, Tehran, Amameh, Panoral 45 camera, Schneider Super Angulon 90/5.6, Ilford FP4 4x5in
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amameh-001.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	144688

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

The Diablo Range - California 2009.

This is a scan of an 11x14 print that I just came across in a nice Century 16x20 preservation box holding several 16x20 and 11x14 color prints. It's been cropped by the scanner to fit. The negative was shot on Fuji 160-S with a 150mm apo Sironar-S on Pearl Harbor Day (7 December) 2009 and developed and printed shortly thereafter on Fuji Crystal Archive paper. The image was taken in the afternoon of the next day following a rare winter storm that left several inches of snow down to the 1500 foot level. The distance from where I am with the camera on Briones Ridge to the Diablo Range is somewhere between 10 and 20 miles - probably around 15. I believe that's the city of Walnut Creek just above the midpoint near the center. Note the lone red tree near the center in a graveyard.

Thomas

Wow. Good work, Thomas. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Michael.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by David Hedley View Post
    Hello Chris - this is a gneiss rock formation on the Verzasca river, near Lavertezzo in Ticino, Switzerland. I guess the scale here is about 2 meters, from top to bottom. The rocks in this area are very beautiful, and seem to come across as very grainy in several of my photographs - this is full frame 4x5 - I guess it must be the metamorphic nature of the rock.
    It's a very gneiss photo indeed!

Beautiful view, Thomas. It has particular meaning to me because last summer work took me out to CA., east bay and central coast, and as an east coaster living in FL, I loved it. In my spare time I was able to roam Mt. Diablo State Park, and will never forget the heady aroma of the Chapperal and the vistas of golden hills and oak trees. One time I stayed in Walnut Creek for several days. You're bringing back good memories.

Quote Originally Posted by tgtaylor View Post
    The Diablo Range - California 2009.

This is a scan of an 11x14 print that I just came across in a nice Century 16x20 preservation box holding several 16x20 and 11x14 color prints. It's been cropped by the scanner to fit. The negative was shot on Fuji 160-S with a 150mm apo Sironar-S on Pearl Harbor Day (7 December) 2009 and developed and printed shortly thereafter on Fuji Crystal Archive paper. The image was taken in the afternoon of the next day following a rare winter storm that left several inches of snow down to the 1500 foot level. The distance from where I am with the camera on Briones Ridge to the Diablo Range is somewhere between 10 and 20 miles - probably around 15. I believe that's the city of Walnut Creek just above the midpoint near the center. Note the lone red tree near the center in a graveyard.

Thomas
    Fantastic colors! And magnificent landscape ! GREAT !
    I am subjected to a single thing, the freedom

Thanks for the comments everyone! I was fortunate that the systems cloud bands was still passing through as I had to wait until the afternoon when the sun would be at my back in the west to provide the lighting. Late November/early December is the traditional start of the normal rainy season in northern California and you can see in the photo that not all of the grasses had transitioned from the golden browns of summer and fall to winters green. This was the first major storm of the season and a significant one: http://www.weatherwest.com/archives/358

Thomas

http://instagram.com/abgefackt Arkasha_from_Russia's Avatar

Happy New Year everyone!!
    I start to understand frames with a trip to the south. The conditions were most favorable, in the morning there is stray light from dark cities, the temperature varies from -20 to +15 degrees with snow, fog, ice and impassable mud. January turned out to be in the Crimea is unusual cold night temperatures reaching 20 degrees. It was possible to catch the amazing sunset views.

Ice quiet bay, in January 2016, the Crimea, Russia.
    Anba Ikeda/Nikkor SW90@16/Tmy-2/Xtol 1+1
    @shlein_filmphotography

One of Ben Lui in the South West Highlands, had a lovely walk in (in the dark) and stopped here on the way back for my breakfast.

Ben Lui Downstream by Steven, on Flickr