Page 1018 of 1715 FirstFirst ... 185189189681008101610171018101910201028106811181518 ... LastLast
Results 10,171 to 10,180 of 17147

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

2 Bit Hack

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by walbergb View Post
    I've been working my way through this thread, thoroughly enjoying the images. I have a couple of questions. First, sometimes I encounter posts where the image is no longer available. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason. Why are the images no longer available? Second, I also encounter a message to "discover Imageshack." When I follow the link, I do discover Imageshack, but no images. Is this normal, or should I be doing something different? I am using my iPad, if that matters.

I would like to post & share some of my 4x5 images, but I lack both an adequate scanner and the funds to buy the popular Epson 700/750/800/850, especially when I can spend that amount on darkroom/camera equipment & supplies.
    Vinny is correct. Though why the images are delete is probably due to space limitations on sites with user limits like flickr.
    Regards

Marty

I think Flickr actually gives users a 1TB limit now..I'd imagine images disappear when people swap out the photos for a better edited version.

Alan Brock

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post
    Stunning shots

When they are printed large they must be really impressive.

The video was great - I admire your head for heights

Martin
    Thanks everyone for the kinds words; glad you enjoyed the video! The second image looking toward the Narrows looks really good printed large. The first image is a big soft in the foreground when enlarged due to the relatively larger aperture I had to use due to the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Holdenrichards View Post

1897 Ak-sar-ben Camera - G-Claron (Dagor Type) 210mm - f/45 -
    Arista Edu 100 - 8x10 Film - HC 110 1+100 - Unaltered Negative Scan
    There's something I really like about this image the more I look at it.
    I like the shadow across the trees in the top left-hand corner, and the dark cloud just behind that.
    The bright foreground gives the shot a nice depth.
    An otherwise ordinary scene made extra-ordinary; well seen, and well done.

Winter Road
    Part of my "Serene Landscape" portfolio.

Shot with Chamonix 5×8" Large Format camera and Schneider-Kreuznach Symmar 300mm f:5.6 lens with only the front element (resulting in focal length of roughly ~420mm). Exposed on 5×7" sheet of Adox CHS 25, developed in Rodinal (R09) 1:50.
    Jiri Vasina
    www.vasina.net

@ Google+ | @ Facebook | @ flickr

My books @ Blurb (only heavily outdated "Serene Landscape").

Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    There's something I really like about this image the more I look at it.
    I like the shadow across the trees in the top left-hand corner, and the dark cloud just behind that.
    The bright foreground gives the shot a nice depth.
    An otherwise ordinary scene made extra-ordinary; well seen, and well done.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by skiers4life View Post
    Here are a few from the fall when I hauled all my gear to the top of Angel's Landing in Zion National Park and took a shot looking in both directions. For more about that day, check out my recap at http://www.alanbrockimages.com/blog/...angels-landing If you watch the video, be sure and stick around to the end to see my super precise shooting technique...

Agree excellent!

Both were shot on 4x5 Ilford Delta 100 using a #25 red filter. Developed in Ilfosol-3 and scanned using an Epson V700.

Field of Snow
    Part of my "Serene Landscape" portfolio.

Shot with Chamonix 5×8" Large Format camera and Schneider-Kreuznach Xenar 210mm f:4.5 lens on 5×8" sheet of Adox CHS 25, developed in Rodinal (R09) 1:50.
    Jiri Vasina
    www.vasina.net

@ Google+ | @ Facebook | @ flickr

My books @ Blurb (only heavily outdated "Serene Landscape").

Just an experiment to see how my Kodak Ektar 203mm F7.7 lens worked without the back lens attached (I really wanted a longer lens, but only have the 203mm and a 125mm yet). I couldn't get focus with my bellows, so I had to stop all the way down to F64.

As you can see, I didn't get my exposure right, I forgot to add the bellows factor into the exposure.

Shot with a Zone VI 4x5 camera and Ektar 203 f7.7 lens on Fomapan 200 film. Developed in Pyrocat MC for 8.5 minutes.

203mm-Experiment-1 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado CJ View Post
    Just an experiment to see how my Kodak Ektar 203mm F7.7 lens worked without the back lens attached (I really wanted a longer lens, but only have the 203mm and a 125mm yet). I couldn't get focus with my bellows, so I had to stop all the way down to F64.

As you can see, I didn't get my exposure right, I forgot to add the bellows factor into the exposure.

Shot with a Zone VI 4x5 camera and Ektar 203 f7.7 lens on Fomapan 200 film. Developed in Pyrocat MC for 8.5 minutes.

203mm-Experiment-1 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr
    I've never seen a 4x5 camera who's bellows couldn't handle a 200mm lens, so I'm a little confused about your comment that you couldn't get focused with the Bellows.

Also, I don't know what you're talking about with exposure because this is perfect, whatever you thought you wanted this is much better, I'm just saying this is such a beautiful image, I suspect the brighter exposure would not have been as good.