Page 1017 of 1716 FirstFirst ... 175179179671007101510161017101810191027106711171517 ... LastLast
Results 10,161 to 10,170 of 17157

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by skiers4life View Post
    Here are a few from the fall when I hauled all my gear to the top of Angel's Landing in Zion National Park and took a shot looking in both directions. For more about that day, check out my recap at http://www.alanbrockimages.com/blog/...angels-landing If you watch the video, be sure and stick around to the end to see my super precise shooting technique...

Both were shot on 4x5 Ilford Delta 100 using a #25 red filter. Developed in Ilfosol-3 and scanned using an Epson V700.
    Excellent!

2 Bit Hack

Here are a few from the fall when I hauled all my gear to the top of Angel's Landing in Zion National Park and took a shot looking in both directions. For more about that day, check out my recap at http://www.alanbrockimages.com/blog/...angels-landing If you watch the video, be sure and stick around to the end to see my super precise shooting technique...

Both were shot on 4x5 Ilford Delta 100 using a #25 red filter. Developed in Ilfosol-3 and scanned using an Epson V700.
    I love the depth in the first shot.
    Regards

Marty

Quote Originally Posted by mdm View Post
    Whole Plate Fomapan 100 in Pyrocat M

Quote Originally Posted by h2oman View Post
    Bonneville Salt Flat, Utah

Those are truly fantastic images by you all... Fantastic...
    Jiri Vasina
    www.vasina.net

@ Google+ | @ Facebook | @ flickr

My books @ Blurb (only heavily outdated "Serene Landscape").

Quote Originally Posted by h2oman View Post
    Bonneville Salt Flat, Utah

Indeed, great diptych!

Stunning shots

When they are printed large they must be really impressive.

The video was great - I admire your head for heights

Martin

Whole Plate Fomapan 100 in Pyrocat M. Dagor lovliness.

walbergb

I've been working my way through this thread, thoroughly enjoying the images. I have a couple of questions. First, sometimes I encounter posts where the image is no longer available. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason. Why are the images no longer available? Second, I also encounter a message to "discover Imageshack." When I follow the link, I do discover Imageshack, but no images. Is this normal, or should I be doing something different? I am using my iPad, if that matters.

I would like to post & share some of my 4x5 images, but I lack both an adequate scanner and the funds to buy the popular Epson 700/750/800/850, especially when I can spend that amount on darkroom/camera equipment & supplies.

Images disappear when people upload them to a site like flickr for the hosting and then delete them from flickr at a later date. For some reason, they think a deleted image will still appear here. It doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by walbergb View Post
    I've been working my way through this thread, thoroughly enjoying the images. I have a couple of questions. First, sometimes I encounter posts where the image is no longer available. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason. Why are the images no longer available? Second, I also encounter a message to "discover Imageshack." When I follow the link, I do discover Imageshack, but no images. Is this normal, or should I be doing something different? I am using my iPad, if that matters.

I would like to post & share some of my 4x5 images, but I lack both an adequate scanner and the funds to buy the popular Epson 700/750/800/850, especially when I can spend that amount on darkroom/camera equipment & supplies.

Here are a few from the fall when I hauled all my gear to the top of Angel's Landing in Zion National Park and took a shot looking in both directions.

These are breathtaking.

Quote Originally Posted by walbergb View Post
    I scan with a Canon Canoscan 9950 that I bought from a member here, and it seems to usually do a good job. (I have two images a few posts back that were done with it.) A friend has a better scanner that I use for things I really want to print, but the 9950 does very well other than some issues I've had with Newton rings when there is a large blank area on the negative - that issue does not seem to arise consistently. Such scanners seem to be pretty inexpensive if you can find one. One caveat is that I use Vuescan with it, which is another $80 or so.