Page 209 of 1715 FirstFirst ... 1091591992072082092102112192593097091209 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 17147

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Fabulous, as usual, Andrew. Thanks for posting.

Thanks guys!

Out for 2-weeks on the east coast, lots of lobsters, local beers and, Hurricane Earl.

and forgot to say, 30 sheets of tmax exposed.

Andrew

Andrew, hats off to you. Your shots are stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by MumbleyJoe View Post
    Rob - the Zion images are lovely. I particularly like the B&W (not that you asked, but it looks like a couple hotspots near the top of the sandstone might benefit from a little burning to pull out a little more detail).

It's been a couple years since I've been there, but out of curiosity was this taken along the road on the east side of the park (east of the tunnel)? I vaguely recall an area north of the road that this reminds me of (specifically that arch of missing stone near the top right). I was only there after dark shooting in moonlight, so I really couldn't say for sure - it just looked familiar.

Great work!
    Thanks for the comments! Regarding the hotspots, looked at the large file again and the highest values hit 245-250 in some small areas. I think some information gets lost in the resizing and web presentation. Still it might benefit from additional work, this was my first edit but I also did not want that mesa to get muddy either. The wide color horizontal really gets trounced at this size and compression for web. It looks much, much better when printed large or seen at full res on screen. I was very disappointed to see how this one turned to mush on the forum.

You are correct the b&w image is on the east side of the park, quite a ways past the large tunnel and a small ways past the smaller tunnel on the east side but still west of Checkerboard Mesa. Good eye!

Thanks again.

Rob

Thanks merelyok.
    much appreciated.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by routlaw View Post
    Thanks for the comments! Regarding the hotspots, looked at the large file again and the highest values hit 245-250 in some small areas. I think some information gets lost in the resizing and web presentation. Still it might benefit from additional work, this was my first edit but I also did not want that mesa to get muddy either. The wide color horizontal really gets trounced at this size and compression for web. It looks much, much better when printed large or seen at full res on screen. I was very disappointed to see how this one turned to mush on the forum.

You are correct the b&w image is on the east side of the park, quite a ways past the large tunnel and a small ways past the smaller tunnel on the east side but still west of Checkerboard Mesa. Good eye!

Thanks again.

Rob
    Well, it doesn't look as though anything was clipped either (as you clearly already know) and you wouldn't want to muddy it by trying to burn in detail to harshly either. Again, it's great as is - I wouldn't be surprised it it's largely a result of compressing the size down for the web. I hate the way you lose detail when reducing the size - especially with Large Format work, which is capable of capturing so much detail. (It's a constant struggle).

Location-wise, that's about where I was thinking - I should dig up a photo and see if I actually visited that exact spot.

Dear Andrew,

As always, nicely done...

jim k

I posted an earlier shot from Upper Young Lake in Yosemite National Park, and here's another (my personal favorite). I loved this spot, though it was definitely challenging to backpack with Large Format gear. :-P

Tachihara 4x5, Caltar 210mm f/6.1, f/22, 1/2s, Fuji Velvia 50

Nice image!

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by MumbleyJoe View Post
    I posted an earlier shot from Upper Young Lake in Yosemite National Park, and here's another (my personal favorite).
    Very nice indeed!

rob